Cradle And Gp2x

The Last Spartan

Still Fresh
Website
gbatemp.net
If you plug in a power pack for the Cradle (Which is 5V 3A from what I have read) will it also power the GP2X? Thanks for all the help guys :D .

Can someone please verify that it is 5V 3A for the Cradle :)

Would this power the cradle 5V, 2.5A

I can get it for about 10 bucks since I work there, but I want to make sure first.

The Last Spartan said:
But does it power the GP2X as well? And charge the batteries(that would be cool :p )
no and no

and yes that power supply will work fine, just make sure you put the tip correctly (center positive unlike the 2x) or you could fry something

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. So I need 2 power supplies( Or just one if I dont use anything high current in the cradle). Would 3V work for the GP2X itself, or is that pushing it.........

The Last Spartan said:
I think I will stop talking.........
Sorry! didn't realise i'd already pasted you that URL ;-)

OK, You will need two power supplies - one for the GP2X and one for the cradle itself. Depending on what you're plugging in you *may* be able to get away with one power supply for the GP2X. Otherwise, get one for the cradle and let the GP2X run off batteries...

Neither methods will recharge the batteries - in fact take them out if you're using an external power supply.

And yes, this should have been far simpler with the cradle charging the GP2X when it's plugged in... ;-) Blame GPH !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon,

Can you run simple things like game controllers and keyboard or use the TV out without needing to power the cradle?

Cheers!

Back