Crackilg sounds and stuff :D

minishino

Still Fresh
Urm, just wondering if this is a common problem with GP32 games. Every game I seem to try (astonisha etc etc) I get crackling from it. Dont get me wrong, the music is awesome most of the time, but this kind of spoils it a little.

Yes my batterys are full power........just wondering if you guys get the same problem?

lol, ok, so I spelt crackling wrong :blink:

i get crackling with everything except moviepark, and it really pisses me off, i was hoping it would only be homemade stuff but if ASR is doing it... not a good sign :(

Yeah, movie park is ok for me as well. It must be something to do with the compression they use when making the games?

hmmm. i dont like the sound of this. does anyone else suffer from crackling sound, especially on the official games?

It would suck if the sound was bad for everything :(

I've got bloody cross demo and the sound is perfect on it. It must be a problem with games that used an old sdk.

apparently early versions of the Gamepark SDK/Library had sound problems. Seeing as that's what most coders used during compilation then the next/fixed release may take some time to work its way into compiled apps.

Crackling sound occurs when too many memcopys occupy the gp32 and the cpu cant spool the sound data to the d/a converter continously anymore, its a bug in the samsung spu core.

A few emulators cope with that bug in software and have thus a better sound than some of the original gamepark games :)

Have you dropped yuor GP?

It's just both my official games work reat, and my emus are a bit crackly but are deffinatley playable!

:D

Back