Cps3

Draco

Making this topic since the CPS3 has been hacked and all.

What are the chances of seeing CPS3 emulation on the gp2x? :eek:

Never? the hardware is to power full (SH-2 20MHz) and this system only work with just 6 games and 3 of them are SF3. Maybe with and ARM interpreter for SH-2 and the screen need a rescal 512x384 -> 320*240 but it need a lot of work and time ;)

Draco said:

No, the roms have been decrypted, but there's still no emulator capable of playing those roms, so I don't see how it could yet appear on the gp2x...

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Draco said:

No, the roms have been decrypted, but there's still no emulator capable of playing those roms, so I don't see how it could yet appear on the gp2x...

yes there are ;) http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

I think this would be an interesting project, because it is just on the very edge of "sorta, maybe feasible." With only 6 games out you could make a lot of assumptions and game specific hacks, and hopefully you won't need all of the CPU power or all of the graphics acceleration capabilities. The resolution is actually "only" 384x224, but that'd still involve downscaling that'd look kinda bad. Mrm, now I'm thinking about it being on PSP instead >_>

slaanesh said:
I've read some good things about SF3. Love to see them on handheld.

Whilst I'm thinking of it; any time frame for an updated PSP release of gpSP?
well cabbage released a vid on youtube playing a cp3 game so cp3 now is all hacked from wat i heard and read

cp3 isnt all that important since only a few games. though sf3 would be nice on the go. awsome game and im not even that big a street fighter fan. though i did get the sf collection on ps2 that had sf3 and and the sfII games. the movie was also a nice bonus on that.

do you think there is anychance of the programmer for cps2 emulator adding cps3 support? It would be quite nice mostly because I loved SF3. if not, not important. Just a "I wish"

Now that decryption is broken and a working emulator has been around for a little while, I wonder if this is really feasible on the GP2X.

Frankly, seeing SF3 on ANY handheld would be like a dream come true. I wonder if the CP3 system REALLY requires all that much more processing power than CPS2? Current GP2X CPS2 emulation is so fast that it almost seems there's power to spare on the more powerful CPS3 system.

This would be an amazing thing to behold on the GP2X.

If i could play Jojo's Bizzare Adventure on the GP2X, then i would friggin' explode. :lol: Best CPS-3 Fighter IMHO.

Wow just played CPS3 on the xbox... it's utterly amazing! SFIII is awesome! The animation is the smoothest I've ever seen.

As for upgrading CPS2EMU to run CPS3, yes, CPS2 was an evolution of CPS1 but it's not the case with CPS3.
CPS3 is a completely different hardware architecture.

For now - get an Xbox :)

CPS3? It not even worked on PC Mame for me. Maybe my MAME version is to old (MAME32+ 0.104 )but I cant get anything CPS3 releated to work, of course I don't know all CPS3 Games but Street Fighter 3 does not work, even with HD-Image. (there are not many CPS3 games, right? )

I just got one little question: why do you want to emulate the cps3 so badly??
I mean there were only 6 games and all of them were beat 'em ups. If you want to play such games take BOR or CPS2 or NeoGeo! I understand why nobody wants to do extremly hard work for emulating 6 games -.-

KingCheese

Back