Cps2emu Test Version 8

Mr 2X

Website
lostsite.altervista.org
New version of CPS2emu by ell B)

Test v8
- support decrypt function for m68000 program(possible to run all parent romset);
- add xor rom enable/disable option(--xorrom, --no-xorrom). if xor rom enabled and not found xor rom, automatically using decrypt function;
- add puzzle loop 2(euro) romset. puzzle loop 2(japan) is change to clone rom;
- add ram timing tweak function and enable/disable option(--tweak, --no-tweak). if cpu_speed.cfg file exist in emulator dir, get tweak value from this file(but, ignore div,lcd option).
(cpu_speed.cfg is save file from GP2X CPU/LCD/RAM-Tweaker program);
- add GP2X cpu clock adjust function and option(--cpuspeed);
- add simple menu. press L + R + Select or Start + Select button to menu screen;
- support high score save/load(from test 7.1 by Slaanesh).

CPS2emu Test Version 8

* credits
- original CPS2PSP by NJ
- porting to GP2X by ell
- Cyclone m68k emulator by Dave (dev@finalburn.com), Reesy (drsms_reesy@yahoo.co.uk), Notaz (notasas@gmail.com)
- DrZ80 z80 emulator by Reesy, Flubba (flubba@i-solutions.se)
- assembly draw code base from GnGeo2X by Pepone
- some assembly code from MAME GP2X by Franxis (fjmar@hotmail.com)
- usbjoy driver by Puck2099 (puck2099@gmail.com)
- m68000 decrypt function from MAME by Nicola Salmoria, Andreas Naive
- CPU/RAM tweak info from CPU/LCD/RAM-Tweaker by god_at_hell
- high score save by Slaanesh

* ps
I always read gp32x.de forum, but difficult to write(and I don't have gp32x.de account).

[From readme.txt]

Edit: whooppss.... Move to News section... thanks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant! Thanks Ell for your constant work :)
If I may, could I request that user defined key mapping be supported in a future release :)

The ingame menu is very useful! thank you very much ;) i'm eager to see the next Capex update ;)

*edit* err.. what is xor? boolean logic? :ph34r:

fatdad posted on Feb 4 2007 at 07:33 PM said:
is this the same as the cps2emu v7.1 release , or just renamed to cps2emu v8 ?

It seems to have major updates, including in-game menu, and decrypting roms (some roms where not playable with older betas)

7.1 was a development of Ell's v7 by Slaanesh (adding some new features)
v8 is the 'official' sequel by Ell. Maybe Slaanesh can do his updates on this version now and we'll have 8.1 :)

Godmil posted on Feb 4 2007 at 02:58 PM said:
v8 is the 'official' sequel by Ell. Maybe Slaanesh can do his updates on this version now and we'll have 8.1 :)

I believe the features added by slaanesh in 7.1 have already been incorporated into 8 by ell, thus no need for 8.1 (unless slaanesh has some other tricks up his sleeve).

naples39 posted on Feb 4 2007 at 09:30 PM said:
Godmil posted on Feb 4 2007 at 02:58 PM said:

I believe the features added by slaanesh in 7.1 have already been incorporated into 8 by ell, thus no need for 8.1 (unless slaanesh has some other tricks up his sleeve).

Maybe CPS1 support? That would be cool too.

The menu is great!

Ell, in case you're reading this, I'd like to suggest (again) the option to have Button 1 and Button 3 register as 1, 2 and 3 at the same time when pressed together (and the same for 4 and 6). Several Street Fighter characters need this combination, but it's really hard to pull off on the GP2X.

Keep up the good work!

Very good release. Love the menu

The only missing thing I can think of is simple Button Mapping (including 3P and 3K)

i love this.
its awesome.
near perfect graphically and beautiful speed.
beautiful.

also, just because i care, heres the games i have working in version 8.

-marvel vs capcom
-marvel vs street fighter
-progear - one small graphical error on the menu
-street fighter alpha
-street fighter alpha III
-19XX
-dimahoo - i think thats the name.
-armored? warriors
-mars matrix (yeah!)

Is there any way to get Capex front end to work properly with gmenu2x?

imhotep posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:12 PM said:

What do you mean by that? I have gmenu opening capex directly and then launch my cps2 roms from there. Works fine for me.

naples39 posted on Feb 6 2007 at 01:15 PM said:
imhotep posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:12 PM said:

What do you mean by that? I have gmenu opening capex directly and then launch my cps2 roms from there. Works fine for me.
Other people have reported this too. Capex launched via gmenu2x works fine off a fresh boot of the GP2X. But if you use another emulator first, e.g. DrMD and then launch Capex, Capex will load fine, but as soon as you launch a rom, you see a frozen screen of the last emulator you used. Meanwhile, the rom you launched is working perfectly with sound in the background, but you can't 'see' it working due to frozen screen.

Back