Cps2emu, Please Add Remappable Buttons!

gamefan999

I love this emu! It plays SSF2T, and also SFAlpha2, my fave ver of the Alpha series. But not being able to remap the buttons is driving me crazy!!! I absolutely am unabe to use the shoulder buttons in serious SF gameplay - it is the thumb butttons or nothing.

Having BOTH fierce buttons mapped to shoulder was a HUGE mistake in my eyes - how about putting medium there, since they are the most underused strikes, IMO? As if this wasn't bad enough, putting fierce punch on the left shoulder, that is to say, the most often used button in the least often-used location, was just an unforgivable error. Its like the author was intentionally tring to torture us.

I'm just letting off steam here, not looking to start a flame war,I know how popular they are on this board. This is just a little message that the author, or some other coder, might see. And please don't go on about "ZOMG you can't use the shoulder buttons, what are you 11 years old" or whatever. I am a gamer and handheld player since you were probably a glimmer in your daddy's crotch, and shoulder buttons' existence will NEVER be justified in my mind. I use the heels of my palms and base of my index fingers to secure the unit, and to provide maximum mobility for my thumbs. All four of my fingers are at the rear of the unit, and cannot be positioned over the top without losing the best control of the entire unit. Shoulder buttons are for I don't know who, maybe turn-based adventure games, but for real-time use they are utterly without value for me.

Anyway, rant over. Will the CPS2emu author PLEASE release beta9 with remappable buttons, so I can finally have an honest game of SSF2T! I'm going crazy, the dream emu/handheld combination is just within reach, but just out of reach! Come on!!!

gamefan999 said:
I love this emu! It plays SSF2T, and also SFAlpha2, my fave ver of the Alpha series. But not being able to remap the buttons is driving me crazy!!! I absolutely am unabe to use the shoulder buttons in serious SF gameplay - it is the thumb butttons or nothing.

Having BOTH fierce buttons mapped to shoulder was a HUGE mistake in my eyes - how about putting medium there, since they are the most underused strikes, IMO? As if this wasn't bad enough, putting fierce punch on the left shoulder, that is to say, the most often used button in the least often-used location, was just an unforgivable error. Its like the author was intentionally tring to torture us.

I'm just letting off steam here, not looking to start a flame war,I know how popular they are on this board. This is just a little message that the author, or some other coder, might see. And please don't go on about "ZOMG you can't use the shoulder buttons, what are you 11 years old" or whatever. I am a gamer and handheld player since you were probably a glimmer in your daddy's crotch, and shoulder buttons' existence will NEVER be justified in my mind. I use the heels of my palms and base of my index fingers to secure the unit, and to provide maximum mobility for my thumbs. All four of my fingers are at the rear of the unit, and cannot be positioned over the top without losing the best control of the entire unit. Shoulder buttons are for I don't know who, maybe turn-based adventure games, but for real-time use they are utterly without value for me.

Anyway, rant over. Will the CPS2emu author PLEASE release beta9 with remappable buttons, so I can finally have an honest game of SSF2T! I'm going crazy, the dream emu/handheld combination is just within reach, but just out of reach! Come on!!!
I know it takes away the portable essence of the machine, but wouldn't it be wise, being a fighting game aficionado, considering a cradle and USB arcade sticks? I'm far too scared to really hammer my 2X, especially the thumbstick - plus, with the option of hooking up a Namco arcadestick with a PS1-2/USB adaptor, it's like bringing the arcade home!

Other than that, yeah - let's hope for a button remap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back