Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salary reductions are starting to rollout in USA. :(
Standard practice in South America for years: You are fired, but you are the first one in line to apply for your old position, at a reduced salary.

Don't worry for the USA... America great again, remember ? In a few days, everything will be okay.
Almost twenty years after 9/11, NY takes a new blow. This time it's an orange who piloted the aircraft vs the apple. I guess it will not be allowed to land on a carrier.

In France, as everywhere else, there's days of this and days of that. We have the techno parad day, the military parad day, the day without cars etc. (fortunately, we don't have the day with a finger in the arse)
Today was the day people don't wear masks in the streets while letting little children run in the streets.
I could have lost my voice if I'd have yelled at each of them.

I didn't because I'm very worried about something completely different: I'm almost out of demineralized water for my precious, my carnivorous plants :-/
I could buy little bottles in the local shop but it's too expensive. I usually buy big containers.
Fortunately, it's possible to produce some in a kitchen, and it will be my next hobby.

Police "handling" a real lockdown in Morocco:

SKor_2020-04-05_00-58-10.png

South-Korea rules. Note that the less orange, the better the country performs.

Oh, and this:
Fair enough ?

Last edited:
In 1960s we had a small epidemic episode in one city, when a diplomat whose vaccine didn't worked brought a smallpox. In less than a few days, all airplanes have been grounded, all trains stopped and all transports had to pass disinfection. All incoming roads have been equipped with check points with special disinfecting areas, however transportation has been limited to essential supplies and it was required to present a health record booklet. Most pharmaceutical factories have been switched for disease-related medicines and vaccines, intelligence agencies imported process designs for faster production.
In 2020, governments are importing their people from various countries, some of these countries have even no requirements for tuberculosis vaccine not saying about more complex diseases, and transports them carelessly to "home quarantine" dependent on volunteer workers to supply essential products. Pharmaceutical factories and research labs are injecting mice with snake oil only to say that they are working on a vaccine and get some profits from the stock market. Intelligence agencies are pursuing nurses who write in social media that they got two one-use masks per week. Governments are working hard to throw the bigger poo on the opposing party. This will certainly fail, but exact effects cannot be predicted.
And it's not a time for "f..k country X" as every country has these problems. Only many countries with democracy, especially post-eastern block with compromised politicians, have these problems much more intensive than other.

Reactions: rSl
In 1960s we had a small epidemic episode in one city...
Where are you from ?

--ADDED:

Last edited:
Jokes apart, I usually try to say things having meaning and sense.
The worries could have been, if not avoided, hugely mitigated.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to ease anything, but at least I tried to warn people here in order to save some lives, e.g. the temperature in Brazil.

Every time I see her speak I think that she's not human, damn, she will die long time after I'm gone, there is a high probability that if the COVID-19 is put in contact with her, she could became stronger than now !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back