Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "Bombshell" for the figurative.
Maybe they are "undesirables", which are picked up from their homes in a fake ambulance, to made disappear. Their deaths attributed to the virus.
Happened in the past, happens now, for example in HongKong. The dissident screams their full name and that they have no desire to suicide themselves... just in case they get suicided.
On the other hand, not all deaths are from the coronavirus, right?

Talked to a neighbour and she told me that the Culture will change due to this event.
Fake ambulance will be credited as conspirationism until evidence are given.

I guess the mayor knows normal numbers, daily numbers, and do a simple substraction.

Culture, can you explain ? More awful modern arts ? :^)

Surgical masks doesn't protect from virus inhalation, them are just useful for spits, so even with these masks, security distance must be used.
Yes, they're useful in case you ever cough to stop your virus particles getting out, but they won't stop you getting it off anyone else. You always need social distance from people not immediately in your family group. But thankfully you can just use a bandana or practically anything tied around your face to protect against that.

In the Netherlands they aren't actively testing, they show reported ill which is much lower then actual numbers.
They do calculate actual sick based on people arriving onto the IC.
Do you have a false or a true lockdown ?

Do you have a false or a true lockdown ?
We are free to roam the streets, max 2 people side by side. Keeping a distance from others of 1.5 meters. We are requested to stay inside though.
Police will kindly ask to go inside if you hang around a corner talking to a neighbour. If you ignore the first warning, you get fined 400 euro.
Post automatically merged:

Culture, can you explain ? More awful modern arts ? :^)
They way we greet will change. The Dutch is of the firm handshake... maybe that will change.
The selfsufficiency will rise. Value will be bestowed back upon local European production.
Forgot the rest, but it were small, but deep changes.

Last edited:
So you have a false lockdown, therefore you have an irresponsible government and you may well have the Italy and Spain rates.
As a doctor said in one previous article, this virus is highly contagious. I'll put another article confirming that.
Tell as much people as you can this is no joke.
Stay home and respect the most paranoid protocols, shoes outside etc.
A hearth surgeon told a member of my family that even a letter in your mailbox can infect you.
Tell especially the young because they think they won't be affected. They will and they will kill their families by thinking this way.

I don't really think about the future for now. I just thought about two dates:
1- hospitals returning to normal
2- nightclubs reopening (we will probably have to wait a vaccine)

STAY HOME. As told by a Professor some days ago, the virus is highly contagious, so be paranoid and apply the strictest protection and cleaning rules.
Don't rely on a hypothetical cure or you, your family, your friends, may well end up dying because there's no more beds in the hospital.
So STAY HOME.

A medicine Professor says "he has never seen something that contagious".

I fear that only having a mass testing strategy doesn't work because Japan numbers are going the same shape than in France, Italy, Spain, etc.
South-Korea next days numbers may prove I'm wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Japan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_South_Korea

Be careful with sport. Covid-19 can hurt the heart.

Last edited:
French Army want to serve people but is just obeying bankers like dogs. Woof woof.
French Army is a joke. Letting the people being murdered in front of their eyes in the very country they belong to is my biggest disappointment ever.

What would you want them to do? They're not trained to handle that kind of situation.
I wouldn't be very reassured if the army started taking initiative outside of its area of expertise.

Their goal is to protect the population from anything or anyone.
They know how to handle a biological threat. They have clear and complete procedures for that.

Everyone that goes outside should wear a mask IMO.
Masks are known to be effective to stem viruses spreading for a number of reasons.
You need only look at the infection rates of HK ,Japan vs the west who don't typically wear masks to see the difference.

Now I know some will say that only certain masks can fully protect you, that's true. But put it this way, a N95/P2 mask that isn't completley airtight may not provide 100% protection, but it does offer a level of protection, and since it's a numbers game, it will reduce the spread. Both reducing the risk for those to get it. But more importantly, reducing those who have the virus from spreading it . And here's the rub, there have been a number of studies done know, and it seems that a significant percentage of people who get the virus can remain asymptomatic , but still contagious. Do we really want these people (who could be anyone) walking around without a mask

In the west a lot of govs have said, just maintain social distancing, that's great advise. BUT. in the real world, you pass someone in a supermarket aisle - max distance you can get from someone else is about 2 feet
In a chemist where the aisles are narrow, you are scrapping past people to get by. Same on a lot of footpaths - not possible to pass and maintain 6 feet without going on the road etc etc etc.

Everyone that goes outside should wear a mask IMO.
Masks are known to be effective to stem viruses spreading for a number of reasons.
You need only look at the infection rates of HK ,Japan vs the west who don't typically wear masks to see the difference.

Now I know some will say that only certain masks can fully protect you, that's true. But put it this way, a N95/P2 mask that isn't completley airtight may not provide 100% protection, but it does offer a level of protection, and since it's a numbers game, it will reduce the spread. Both reducing the risk for those to get it. But more importantly, reducing those who have the virus from spreading it . And here's the rub, there have been a number of studies done know, and it seems that a significant percentage of people who get the virus can remain asymptomatic , but still contagious. Do we really want these people (who could be anyone) walking around without a mask

In the west a lot of govs have said, just maintain social distancing, that's great advise. BUT. in the real world, you pass someone in a supermarket aisle - max distance you can get from someone else is about 2 feet
In a chemist where the aisles are narrow, you are scrapping past people to get by. Same on a lot of footpaths - not possible to pass and maintain 6 feet without going on the road etc etc etc.

Yeah, I work construction(or at least used to), and I agree 110% those mask make all the difference. Sadly, right now even if they wanted to have everyone wear them, they don't have enough for medical staff, and that's top priority at the moment. As once the medical field goes down, then this gets way worse, way fast. We have a surplus of all that type of stuff, but "agent orange" currently running the country is pretty much blackmailing states to get any of it. So for every soul lost during this time, I place each and everyone within in US square at his feet.

Sorry for my mini rant, I'm just so disgusted by how little so many people in this world care for other human beings, as the government in recent times has shown just how little they care if we all live or die!

Chris

Here, the most common reason people are going near each other is to buy food. The shops are doing their best to space people out, but it still seems rather dodgy. A lot of these people would be happy to order delivery if it was easily available. We don't need a tougher lockdown, we need enough food delivery slots to go around...

It's the unknown damage cause by lockdowns that concerns me: psycho/socio-logical changes, depression, suicide, neglect, domestic violence, xenophobia, etc. We can never know if the amount of lives saved is worth the costs in other areas.

When I've had the occasion to pass other people or see neighbours, they appear in overall good spirits, so hopefully my concerns are misplaced... but timing and duration of these lockdowns is absolutely critical.

There are about 1600-1800 cases per Million population in Italy/Spain. USA is only at 459/M. That means cases may rise at least four times from current 1,50,000 to 6,00,000. If similar community spread is seen in India, we may see 20 to 25 Million cases here. :oops::-||

You are optimistic. People in Netherlands will starve if there's no import. It's one of the most densely populated countries there is. They're not becoming self-sufficient beyond being able to wipe their own asses any time soon.
Come on! I tell you the Netherlands is king in hydroponics, in growing stuff in midwinter (granted, winter tomatoes don't taste that good). Sure, we won't have avocado's or dragonfruit to eat, and bread will be scarce. But we will survive on potatoes, apples and cabbage! (and salads and cheese and milk and meat and fish and carrots, and when in season: asparragus and strawberries)
In fact one of my retirement dreams is to have this

I fear that only having a mass testing strategy doesn't work because
Exactly, that's what the experts told us: Everyone will get infected, if not this year, the next. And just like those games where opponents become zombies when infected it gets harder and harder to not get infected yourself.

Our self-elected leaders choose the economy over the people, now both are collapsing.
There are people you say: fuck the others, just let me live my life. And others that say: Everybody stay in your house for ever. So this is a good middleground. Economy can be recovered. They are working on the digital (bit)coins now.

They have clear and complete procedures for that.
Exactly. And it's scary a.f. Those who sacrifice freedom for safety.... you can't fool me again.

we need enough food delivery slots to go around...
And so, work was created for delivery! (still pays very little)

It's the unknown damage cause by lockdowns that concerns me: psycho/socio-logical changes, depression, suicide, neglect, domestic violence, xenophobia, etc. We can never know if the amount of lives saved is worth the costs in other areas.
Oh, it will be very big. Lot's of my colleagues are not "unstable" but are tense, have higher bloodpressure. Got colleagues that live in a room (expats from India). And only stay in that single room. Others have a garden and are quite ok, actually.
The cost is higher in the cities. In rural areas, hey you can hike up the mountain, or at least have a huge garden which you can tend to.

And so, work was created for delivery! (still pays very little)
And in farming: https://www.nfus.org.uk/coronavirus/employment-opportunities-on-farms.aspx
Behind the wonderful produce that comes from Scottish farms is a dedicated and skilled workforce. During these extremely challenging times, it is going to be very difficult for farmers to recruit seasonal workers in the usual manner to allow picking, planting and other farm work to take place ... Can you help?

Abortion activists are panicking because the world is focusing on providing real medical care to people suffering from the coronavirus, not abortions. - Oh poor activists!

Did you have your daily 4 hours of sun light?

Me, myself, and I

No job? Lots of jobs!

Some of the Coronavirus effects are: bruises and broken nose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back