Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's THE thing that gives kids a chuckle during cathequesis.

This one gives you an idea:

So if you see broken greek pottery and archeologist digging that up... well...
Well AFAIK the Bible does not say that the stones were used for manually using mechanical means to clean the posterior excremental hole but I guess it's possible. I'm no archaeologist.

Christ didn't need toilet paper (obvious reasons). The others probably used some kinds of leaves.
I often have a clean posterior excremental hole after excreting feces but I'm fruitarian. Jesus ate fish too and I know from experience that eating meat does not result in a clean posterior excremental hole after excreting feces. I think that Adam and Eve probably did not need to manually clean their posterior excremental holes through mechanical means at all because they were fruitarian for their whole lives.

did not need to manually clean
Interesting... I'll mull over that.

The bible also does not say a lot of things, but implies them, like that then, humans classified insects as having arms and legs; nowadays they only have legs. Or that all creatures in the water were called fishes (even mammals like dolphins and whales).

Dunno if any of you invest on your own. But if you are in it for the long run keep an eye on stocks.

I have been buying a couple thousand dollars worth about twice a week lately.

Even if stocks continue to decline, by continuing to buy, the average price per share for your holdings will decrease (dollar cost averaging) and you won't miss the long term boat when it goes back up.

Worst case if society falls paper money is worthless anyway!

I've not checked mine recently, but I expect everything invested in funds that relate to firms on the stock market to be basically worthless right now. I have a fund that's invested in gilts, which has never been spectacular, but has beaten all other funds I'm in up to at least last time I looked, which unless it's bombed while I've not been looking, I'll be putting my money towards if I were to invest it today, although at the end of this once it peaks in EU and US, maybe I'll direct some those funds once they bottom out.

RED ZONE = Restaurants and Disco are still open and full :cool:

Seems like 70% of people just don't give a fuuuu about the virus... the remaining others are barricaded in house crying for the end of the world... there is no middle way.

Last edited:
@Nintendo Yeah I noticed that too. https://covid19info.live/ updated their tools again and now you can view statistics for single countries. Unfortunately for me, Sweden is climbing the rankings as well with Stockholm being the worst offender by far.

Our public health minister is now turning delusional as well. He predicted we had reached the peak on Friday and since then we've near enough doubled our number of cases. Today he told a local newspaper that he was "a little too optimistic" and that the peak will instead come on Monday or Tuesday.

Meanwhile we have confirmed spread in schools and many school districts are now shutting down against the recommendation by our public health office. I don't know how much you know about the culture within Swedish politics, but this level of distrust between a state branch and several counties are pretty much unheard of in modern times. The public health minister has single-handedly ruined the reputation of his entire government branch in the time frame of not even a month, even within his own government. Basically it's beyond scandalous at this point and I would not expect him to still have his current job after the next election in 2022.

I've not checked mine recently, but I expect everything invested in funds that relate to firms on the stock market to be basically worthless right now. I have a fund that's invested in gilts, which has never been spectacular, but has beaten all other funds I'm in up to at least last time I looked, which unless it's bombed while I've not been looking, I'll be putting my money towards if I were to invest it today, although at the end of this once it peaks in EU and US, maybe I'll direct some those funds once they bottom out.

Now is the time to buy because you have no idea where the bottom is. The saying is "It's hard to catch a falling knife"

For instance if I buy at 200 per share, then 150 per share, then 100 per share. The average cost per share is 150, aka it's as if you bought all the shares at 150 each.

The market will recover, it always does especially if you are holding for 5+ years, and by then you will make a boatload. In the US I can also write off temporary losses on my taxes.

You may say that, but I say we don't yet know what the impact on the economy of the world's nations will be. Once we find that out it'll likely wipe a chunk more off the markets. I'm not proposing moving money out of any of those funds though, because like you I'm confident they'll bounce back eventually, I just strongly suspect they have a way to go south yet, and as I say they've been outcompeted by gilts in the long term anyway.

I wonder if the fragile world economy will break due to this. And if so: will it impact the Pyra launch?
Looks like the markets are tumbling down in the US. Let's see if it dominoes down to Europe.
If the virus didn't push the US market of the cliff Russia helped it a bit by pushing low oil prices.
I expect stocks to fall after the FED try another rate cut, but I'll wait and see what happens.

What surprised me was the way Bitcoin follows the stock markets, I expected it to behave more like gold but I was wrong.

Dropped by a quarter in the UK I think (the FSTE 100 at least), but I've not heard what's happened to the mainland markets, or perhaps more importantly, the Nikkei.

You may say that, but I say we don't yet know what the impact on the economy of the world's nations will be.

There will still be companies and markets.

I'm not proposing moving money out of any of those funds though, because like you I'm confident they'll bounce back eventually, I just strongly suspect they have a way to go south yet, and as I say they've been outcompeted by gilts in the long term anyway.

Hey if you don't want to dollar cost average it's your loss
Post automatically merged:

I expect stocks to fall after the FED try another rate cut, but I'll wait and see what happens.

I still don't understand why they did that. There are both supply and demand issues, with the demand issue being caused by fear, not (lack of) available cash.

The market rightly took it as panic, and it probably made things worse.

I still don't understand why they did that. There are both supply and demand issues, with the demand issue being caused by fear, not (lack of) available cash.

The market rightly took it as panic, and it probably made things worse.
It's the only thing they could do, the US market was asking for it.
Problem is that banks rely on the FED to buy up stock, print more cash and drop rates.
It makes the stocks look nice and calms the market a bit, and they'll probably continue into negative rates to try to fix things.

But since the virus their trick fails as it's now also a global supply problem, this isn't easily fixed by bumping some stocks and flooding markets with more cash.
The US-oil market was already unstable and now that's falling to. The whole house of cards might fall down, but that's impossible as all financial markets depend on it.
I wonder what will happen, it has to stop somewhere. It's was a big bubble so stocks will probably also drop a lot if it collapses.

I'm surprised you're not away licking your wounds after advising us yesterday to put our money in shares.

Sure I took some short term losses, but I also bought another $4,000 in shares at an even lower rates today, and will continue to do so on substantial drops. Probably dropping even more substantial cash.

Like I said trying to buy the bottom is an exercise in futility, but buying each drop results in a lower average price per share and pays off. I'm taking (expected) short term losses for long term, higher gains.

I'm looking at airlines for tomorrow. With the Russia/OPEC price war they will likely be negotiating future fuel price hedges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back