Courserian [New Pandora Use]

Nice! I just finished one course in coursera (progfun) and am doing another one now (reactive). I can recommend these two courses for anyone interested in Scala, functional programming and reactive programming. And they're free!

Nice! I just finished one course in coursera (progfun) and am doing another one now (reactive). I can recommend these two courses for anyone interested in Scala, functional programming and reactive programming. And they're free!
Yeah, lots of good contents on Coursera, even for programmers (beginners or intermediate). :)  

I hope so! it would be of great help to download the courses I'm in and watch them while commuting. Currently I have to download manually which is not ideal.

Thanks

There does not seem to be much excitement/interest for my entry, but nonetheless I am now ready to release a first version later today :)

I hope there will be a few people who want to test it :)

You'll need a coursera account for that. (it's free).

A few screenshots :

01.png

03.png

04.png

Looks great Ekianjo, I love this kind of stuff. Once my Pandora's are repaired by ED I will give it a try.

When did you send it for repairs?
Beginning of December last year. ED already explained he was really busy during the holiday season and one of my Pandora’s is in pretty bad shape so it probably takes a bit longer because of that as well.

Here's a little article about Coursera, online learning and Courserian, on Pandoralive:
Hmm... nice article, it doesn't make the wait any easier though ;)  

Finally, I have some time to write about my experience with Courserian :)

Back in my day I had to manually download the lesson videos to watch them later. It's like ekianjo read my mind or something.

One of the things I like the most about Courserian is that it not only downloads the videos but also subtitles and lecture materials available... this is VERY helpful and will allow me to follow more courses, and learn a lot more stuff.

Video playback is not perfect, even with SMPlayer 2, but I guess it's just that MP4 videos usually don't get along very well with the Pandora. Also, if I click the Update all courses option, it doesn't work.

Some feature suggestions for future versions:

• Ability to choose the download directory, and to load courses not only from the app data folder (so you can have a SD card only for courses) 
  • Download/Update in the background (while watching some of your courses)
  • Better management for downloads (limit the speed, pause/resume, choose exactly which lesson to download, etc)
  • A nicer interface in general, especially for the course library.

I recommend Coursera courses to everybody, my personal favorite is A Brief History of Humankind, although it's over now, I don't know if you can still watch the lectures, anyhow you can register for a future session.

Here is the link: https://www.coursera.org/course/humankind

Thanks a lot ekianjo, Courserian is awesome already.

Back