Couple Of Issues With A New Mk2.....

tgg

I just got in a new mk2 gp2x and I used to own a mk1 a while back, and Hiw come the volume level is so low is there a way to turn it up? Also is it a know issue for couple games in mame 4.7 like kung fu master and metal slug to produce no sound at all?

Also yea he viewing angle is worse then the mk1 model. its like a nintendo ds or like a palm pda scren.

tgg said:
I just got in a new mk2 gp2x and I used to own a mk1 a while back, and Hiw come the volume level is so low is there a way to turn it up?
Have you tried disabling the volume limiter in the settings? It's on by default and is there to try and stop people being deafened when using headphones :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Knoxximus said:
...but is the joystick better than the MK1? Or is it the same?

Yes the joystick is better, but now I'm getting use to the screen its just like an typical tft screen where commonly viewing angles are like that..

Oh about the sound issue I just reinstalled all the emulators from this site fresh and sounds are all louder, I was using those sd mega pack that you can download from WARES LINK REMOVED and i installed some files from a 4gig pack.

tgg said:
Knoxximus said:

Yes the joystick is better, but now I'm getting use to the screen its just like an typical tft screen where commonly viewing angles are like that..

Oh about the sound issue I just reinstalled all the emulators from this site fresh and sounds are all louder, I was using those sd mega pack that you can download from WARES LINK REMOVED and i installed some files from a 4gig pack.

tgg, Please read the site rules about posting links to ROMZ, WAREZ, TORRENTS, ILLEGAL content etc, That also includes links to other sites containing links to the above mentioned content.

Thanks.

Trooper

trooper said:
tgg said:
Knoxximus said:

tgg, Please read the site rules about posting links to ROMZ, WAREZ, TORRENTS, ILLEGAL content etc, That also includes links to other sites containing links to the above mentioned content.

Thanks.

Trooper

Sorry....

I know DrPocketSnes has a volume limiter on by default that needs to disabled, not sure if that's the case for any other emus.

If I were you, I'd play Metal Slug in GnGeo2x - it runs better and you will definitely get sound.

GMenu2x allows you to toggle the default volume when you start a program, so if you change the default level for MAME from 50 to 100, it should be 50% louder.

Back