1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Could you give us an overview of the Pyra prototyping phase?

Discussion in 'Ask EvilDragon Questions' started by Mr_Loon, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Mr_Loon

Mr_Loon Can't Remember

Please note that this is in the Ask ED questions section so at least give ED (or anyone else with direct knowledge) a week or two to respond before chipping in.

Hi ED I tried asking this in the keep cool thread but it seemed to get lost and would probably be better here.

Your updates are hugely appreciated of course but if you could find the time to give an overview of the prototyping process it would be much appreciated.

I'd love to know :

Q1) How many prototypes are there?

Q2) Who has got them?

Q3) What are the main goals for the prototype phase? FWIW My guess is : OS Software polishing, Hardware bug Hunting, Solving the 4GB issue, Dealing with heat. Have I missed any major goals?

Q4) Do all the prototypes have the same board version? I seem to remember that some changes were made to the board to increase stability of the 2GB versions (cleaned up / boosted signals?)

Q5) If the above answer is No then do any of the 4GB prototypes have the latest board version?

Tags:
    mecksg1 and Haraldur like this.
  2. mecksg1

mecksg1 Very Active Member

i would like to know that also and also was wondering about the cases, if they got done before the month long break they take

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

I'm just so much flooded with work at the moment, I didn't even find the time to follow threads...
    I hope I'll be able to make a new newspost and reply to all of that within the.next week.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

4. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Advanced Member

Hopefully you get some time to rest too.

5. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

Probably no rest for the wicked!
    But hopefully satisfaction. I hope vacation time makes your regular day job a little more forgiving Ed :)

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Not really... Had over 300 orders to ship last week, a fullday camera job yesterday and am in the hot phase preparing the GamesCom (product catalog, etc.) while also dealing with the final Pyra stuff... Aand hockey season starts next week again - so... Yay.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

levi likes this.
  7. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

What I read:
    Please excuse me while I fixate on the word, "final".

Silent-Hunter and ClockworkCoder like this.
  8. matzesu

matzesu Advanced Member

300 Orders on Dragonbox sounds pretty great, even if it's means a lot of work, but it's also means that you get a lot of money for your company (to pay for Pyra Parts per example)