Could I ask for add LEDs when my Pandora is on repair?

peca

Website
Visit site
I'm definitely going to send my Pandora to repair. I'm partially lazy and partially just waiting to not overload EvilDragon with non-necessary work - but today the LCD ribbon is almost gone. Picture start shaking when I move lid a little so I start fear about damaging my Pandora even more.

When I definitely decide to do this I suddenly got an idea :) EvilDragon, is possible to ask You add LEDs 7 and 8? Just type Yes/No I'll need no explanation. Indeed, I'll pay for this in addition service.

I haven't nor equipment neither skill to do this myself and even if, I'll don't want to loss guaranty just for fancy LEDs. I'll prefer orange (or yellow) just to diverse from red and green already installed - but any colour with brightness similar to already installed LEDs will be OK (not bright blue or white).

Thank for You reply.

Yes. I got red and green LEDs here.
That won't work. You'd also have to add the resistors and FETs.

Aaah, okay. Damn. I only got the LEDs as spare parts for the normal ones.

Need to check the hacking guide and get some resistors then as well.

Thanks for clarifying :)

What would adding those LEDs be useful for?

You can do anything with them, they're in userspace.

You can use scripts to switch them on or off, link them to stuff like WiFi, Bluetooth or other events of the Linux OS.

You could use one LED to show if TV Out is enabled. You could configure the LEDs to inform you that you are currently overclocking, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
A white LED with a small limiting resistor makes quite the night light. ;)

Yes Exactly but instead of a night light, would it sufficiently light up the keyboard area? I currently game in the dark and in order to use the keyboard I keep the screen on an 50-60° angle so the backlight illuminates the keyboard area.

...I currently game in the dark and in order to use the keyboard I keep the screen on an 50-60° angle so the backlight illuminates the keyboard area.
Try USB LED lamp or just any small "clip on" LED lamp :) I'm used to use one when reading on eInk reader.

Back