converting files

melischa

Still Fresh
can someone please tell me why when i convert my files to avi and play in gp cinema all i get is a screen with no.s and letters and saying undefined instruction and other stuff like id and cache ,control,tlb address,fault status etc.etc ..... most of the avis i have downloaded from gp32 theatre work fine ..... some 1 help...

That's your movie player crashing and MultiFW jumping in and giving you useful diagnostic information rather than the gp32's default of simply resetting.

No idea WHY it's crashing though - I'd put it down to bad software myself, but it's most likely because it doesn't like the format of the files your trying to play (divx version, bit rate, or resolution)

Hi

I have soe video I want to convert for playing on the GP32, I'm going to use cleaner on a Mac, what format, framerate & resolution etc would you recommend? Any tips? I'd never even heard of DivX before I came on this forum! I usually play video in Quicktime (MPEG, MOV, AVI)

®

Since I don't own a Mac I cannot help you out with any Mac encoders but I can tell you the settings for functional GP32 DivX playback with GPCinema:
Format: DivX 4.12 OR XviD Kopei's Build
Framerate: 0-15FPS (Without overclocking), 15-25FPS (With overclocking)
Resolution: 320x240 (Fullscreen), 320x176 (Widescreen)
Bitrate: 64-256kbps
Recommended Quantizers: Min 2-4, Max 6-10
11025 OR 22050Hz MP3 Mono OR Stereo Audio

Back