Controller Limitations

One of the few PSone games I'm personally worried about is a japanese game called Remote Controlled Dandy, It needs the L&R2 for walking and the L&R1s for punches, but even then the emulator has to be finished first and it's even possible the game might not run well. If it does, then I'll just have to find a way to remap buttons.

When I first found a decent N64 emulator it took a week to find a good setup to match all the buttons on it's crazy "space fighter" shaped controller even on a dualshock style controller. All you can do is try to find workarounds because it's not as if the Pandora was designed specifically to ape a playstation controller.

Actually it's quite easy to map an N64 controller to a dual analog layout based on the playstations face layout O=A X=B Triangle=Z (Or Triangle=L and Left Shoulder=Z as needed) Right Analog=C and then throw Square=Start if you want

heh, watch this guy try to play OoT using a PS1 controller. He spends a while trying to figure out the ocarina.

http://www.kuoushi.com/index.php?vid=7f374e0e

Alpha2 said:
One of the few PSone games I'm personally worried about is a japanese game called Remote Controlled Dandy, It needs the L&R2 for walking and the L&R1s for punches, but even then the emulator has to be finished first and it's even possible the game might not run well. If it does, then I'll just have to find a way to remap buttons.

Only one person is going to bother trying to play that game/playing that game...

You.

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
Alpha2 said:

Only one person is going to bother trying to play that game/playing that game...

You.

Oh man! I remember seeing that game at a convention one time. Looked like a hilarious time. I would totally play that if it I could get a cheap copy.

Especially since I'm confident that a working emulator will make it very, very simple to map two buttons on the keyboard to the L2/R2. ;)

rockraven500 said:
Is i understand there's an almost complete controller, but are there secondary shoulders and analog buttons? if not can i conect a ps3 controller?

Analog buttons are a waste of space, triggers are far superior if you want analog control.

Pandora has neither, which sucks for those of us who love racing games.

Butterman said:
Analog buttons are a waste of space, triggers are far superior if you want analog control.

For racing games, may I suggest using one nub for steering and the other for speed.
The shoulders would be used to shift up/down.
IIRC many racing games had the ability to use that kind of controller scheme.

Butterman said:
rockraven500 said:
Is i understand there's an almost complete controller, but are there secondary shoulders and analog buttons? if not can i conect a ps3 controller?

People can actually have enough sensitivity for that to matter?
It never ceases to amaze me how much of a bad gamer I am.

Butterman said:
rockraven500 said:

What I meant by analog buttons is, click down on the analog stick L3R3.

Back