What's Up Nowadays?

Kolkman

Dutch GP32 representer XD
Website
breakdance.pagina.nl
Well, it's been awhile since I came here for the last time. Maybe some people still know me, the kid that begged everybody who can code to make a Kururin-remake for the GP32.

In the meantime, I sold my GP32 and bought a Nintendo DS Lite (I had to play New Super Mario Bros. :)). What are the nice projects for GP32/GP2X at the moment? How about the emu-scene on the devices, have they improved?

Just because I'm curious.

lol
dude, you missed a lot! For example, fullspeed neogeo, pretty close to perfect megadrive emulation, advanced snes emulation, a kurukuru kururin clone and lotsa other stuff for gp2x.

dont forget aleph 1 (the marathon port) also i heard the new mario game was good (it better have been worth the gp32 :D )

Kolkman posted on Aug 10 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
Well, it's been awhile since I came here for the last time. Maybe some people still know me, the kid that begged everybody who can code to make a Kururin-remake for the GP32.

In the meantime, I sold my GP32 and bought a Nintendo DS Lite (I had to play New Super Mario Bros. :)). What are the nice projects for GP32/GP2X at the moment? How about the emu-scene on the devices, have they improved?

Just because I'm curious.

Heheh, not a lot of response eh? Well, the truth is that the forums seem to be really slow these days. If it is not SNES, MD, or PSX emulation then the forums don't receive a lot of comments usually. There is a ton of apps coming out left and right. Much homebrew, ports, and other goodies. The amount of software certainly isn't stagnant, but the forums really are just plain boring anymore.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It's summer, a little lack of activity is normal.

The GP32 got some very nice releases before it went out of the mainstream, but now it seems like the GP2X is getting all the love. Tons of homebrew software, from original games to emulators.

- Alex

Back