Connecting to an Android phone via USB

samgrund

Still Fresh
I'm trying to connect to my Galaxy Nexus for USB tether, I've seen some posts that it works (with other android phones) but never any issues doing so. In my case the phone will see its charging off the regular USB port (don't have an OTG adapter) but doesn't see its attached to a computer. It'll flash quick that its attached as a media device or camera storage (I've tried both modes) but then it'll clear that and its just charging.

On the pandora I get a bunch of "hub 1-2:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2" in dmesg. Same result with a usb hub, but it works with usb HHD's, keyboards, mice, etc and I've tried two other USB cables. Anyone had this problem yet? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an HTC EVO w/ Cyanogenmod 7.2 and USB tethering works like a dream. I even have a hacked cable and powered USB hub so I can tether and not drain my Pandora's battery.

What is your phone and firmware? Does it work on other Linux PC's?

So it's the stock ROM for your Nexus? Rooted or non-rooted? Non-rooted devices usually require you to pay an extra monthly fee to your carrier to enable any sort of tethering. I would strongly suggest downloading a live linux image and just giving it a shot.

Back