Congratulations To Craig And The Crew

Anyone want to hazard a guess on the final number of pre-orders?

I see Fat 'insider' Angus is estimating 6000. Could it really be that many?

Lets be honest, given the understandable concern some people normal people would have about buying a fairly expensive (as yet un-seen) device, selling 3000 pre-orders is a major achievement. Especially given the current economic environment.

But out-selling your pre-order quantity and more besides is fantastic. Whether or not the team will be quite so happy come November and they are trying frantically to test and send them all out is another issue, but a wonderful problem to have...

Edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, things are already in production (the analogue nubs were first to get going - 8000 of them!).

We cut off the orders at 4000 (as we can only make max 5000 Pandoras a month).

Plus we have a buffer of about 200 units (and a lot of spare parts) in case of faulty parts.

Should be a fun few months for us all! :)

craigix said:
Thanks everyone, things are already in production (the analogue nubs were first to get going - 8000 of them!).

We cut off the orders at 4000 (as we can only make max 5000 Pandoras a month).

Plus we have a buffer of about 200 units (and a lot of spare parts) in case of faulty parts.

Should be a fun few months for us all! :)
Congratulations! It reminds me of the desperate search around stores at Xmas,
first to get a ZX Spectrum (pestering parents), then again for an Amiga

So any idea how you are going to (quickly) test and ship a few thousand units while we
all grumble about where we are on the queue?

ID

I don't think I said it in this thread before, but yeah, I thought up things like this 5 years ago, of course it was much thicker and used large cartridges

Kloplop321 said:
I don't think I said it in this thread before, but yeah, I thought up things like this 5 years ago, of course it was much thicker and used large cartridges
Heh, I recall being in Senior school in the eighties, one of the design projects we had was to produce a handheld computer design. Our design teacher was tech mad :)

Mine was bright orange (hey, I was 13!) with a fold out screen and keyboard on the lower clamshell. Instead of dpad/analogues, it had a small hole into which a joystick (complete with spherical knob on the end) would screw for games. It was a work of genius :)

D.

I just wanted to express my congratulations and thanks to the Pandora team for putting together such an amazing product.

zxxgp said:
I just wanted to express my congratulations and thanks to the Pandora team for putting together such an amazing product.

They actually didnt put them together yet ;)

but anyways thanks pandorappl for making me excited for games again :)

Back