Congratulations To Craig And The Crew

I have to say this.......

We put our top dollars, pounds, Euros into this beast and most importantly put our faith into this Pandora crew that they will come through with a truly unique system that exemplifies true innovation, determination and hard work.

If the crew follow thru with this tremendous project... I Know the Pandora will be the Biggest Niche Handheld success in entertainment history.

What we did (pre-ordering) is jump starting a new chapter in Open source technology. And whether it goes bad or ultimately becomes successful....WE are helping the Pandora Crew to write history and I am Damn proud to be apart of it.
Cheers

I'd just like to say thank you to all those willing to pre-order and those who have plans to do so in the near future. Your support is greatly appreciated and the level of confidence in this project even with the hint of blind faith is so admirable. We will deliver and this community will continue to evolve into something even more amazing! I'm very proud to be a part of this.

MWeston said:
I'd just like to say thank you to all those willing to pre-order and those who have plans to do so in the near future. Your support is greatly appreciated and the level of confidence in this project even with the hint of blind faith is so admirable. We will deliver and this community will continue to evolve into something even more amazing! I'm very proud to be a part of this.
My pre-order is in and I'm really excited by this, the last time I bought into the "unknown" it was a Gizmondo, a no show would be better than one of those :-D

Thanks you Craig et al for all the hard work and hopefully it will be a great success.

Last edited by a moderator:
P-J said:
I look forward to you early adopters ironing all the hardware bugs so I can buy a much better version next year for the same price :)
well craig promised to fix any hardware problems (included in warranty), so i dont see what you are worried about.

edit: and congrats to the whole crew, my preorders in, and I anticipate november greatly!

gnargoyle11 said:
P-J said:
I look forward to you early adopters ironing all the hardware bugs so I can buy a much better version next year for the same price :)
well craig promised to fix any hardware problems (included in warranty), so i dont see what you are worried about.

i think hes more concerned with other peoples misfortunes than his own gain

I thought I'd buy it for christmas but the pre-orders will be over soon because of popularity. Guess I have to wait till 2009.

:pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1:

I hope it works great and that you have no manufacturing problems with the first batch!

If you succeed releasing it to 3000 people in November, I think this would be a fantastic achievement and a really ground-breaking Gmail and IPB powered project.

Just a few guys and Linux hackers spread around the world, actually developing and releasing a product that's cooler then anything Sony, Microsoft, Intel and Apple can do combined for the billions of dollars that they spend each year on R&D.

---
Video maker of the EvilDragon Open Pandora interview on Youtube

Charbax said:
If you succeed releasing it to 3000 people in November, I think this would be a fantastic achievement and a really ground-breaking Gmail and IPB powered project.
:huh:

I was teetering on the brink and it was MWeston's comment earlier in the thread that was the deal clincher. Glad to be part of the lucky 3000!! (and once more into the breach.. last time I was in the zone was in the ol' GP32 days!)

But, are there still Pandoras to buy o_O? I want mine but i could not pay yesterday, the system was horrible :( Thank you.

I went on the site about ten minutes ago and everything was fine.. maybe they have allocations? like a certain number for UK & Europe, US, Rest of World etc..

I was stung by the first round of GP2Xs when I received my pre-order (although credit to Craig and his staff, they did replace the unit a few times for me), so my plan was to be a little more cautious with the Pandora, perphaps hold off for the second batch. So... What did I do? I held out for 20mins then pre-ordered one anyway... lol

I know this was an enormous venture for all the stakeholders, so I'd like to say thanks for keeping things together and getting the pre-order page up when you said you would. There is a hint of blind faith, but the community stands behind the Pandora team and we know you'll deliver the goods ;-)

Back