Conflicting divx versions

DuderJace

Still Fresh
Hello there dudes and dudettes!
It's jace! I'm giving myself a major headache trying to install divx codec 4.1.2 so I can make GP files and 5.0.5 for nicer PC files at the same time. I've got a lot of divx's encoded with 5.0.4 which I would like to convert for the GP, but every time I try to install the other codec it overwrites the last one. When I have 4.1.2 installed I can't load the 5.0.4 files into virtual dub, because the codec isn't there. I've tried putting it in different directories and stuff, but it still won't go. Anyone else had this problem? And more importantly, perhaps, anyone know how to fix it? I don't want to have to re-encode them from the vobs, if i can avoid it, 'cos it takes so much longer.

Catch you later
Jace

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was easier than I thought.

THANKYOU!

You have saved me many frustrated hours of unnecessary re-encoding. If I had some meaningless piece of junk around my room which I no longer wanted and you did, I would put it in the post straight away! Don't have any use for a 256 grayscale handscanner with no interface card/manuals/drivers do you? There's a nice logo on it :) You could use it as an animal safety precaution. If at any time somebody says "you couldn't swing a cat in there' you could check by swinging the scanner around on it's cable, instead of a poor mog. The offer's there if you want it. It's a good paperweight too...

Thanks again.
Jace :D

Hehe, thanks a lot but save your postage money :)

I got the same tip at the same board some months ago :D

Get help and help everyone - that's what boards are for :)

(ahh well, except for keeping the best - and for sure funniest :) - GP32 warez site alive :lol: )

Back