Configuring Code::Blocks code completion for C99.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Just like the title says. Is there any easy way to do this? Will also accept hard way, if necessary.
[doublepost=1518868112,1518845217][/doublepost]Good news. Like any decent programmer, I eventually found the solution myself.

The Code Completion plugin for C::B bases its keywords on selected sets from the syntax highlighter. I deselected those sets, then added my own set with just the C99 keywords. Now it won't constantly be showing me dozens of keywords I can't use.

Could you be more explicit on how you managed to fix this, in case anyone comes across the same problem again in future? Reading through it again, I guess it's all menu driven inside the IDE, is that right?

Yeah, under Settings, Editor, Syntax Highlighter, you can edit the highlighted keywords for C/C++. There are nine sets, with the last two reserved for the user. I put the C99 keywords in set 8. Then under Settings, Editor, Code Completion, where it says "Additional keywords to include", I deselected sets 1 and 2 and selected set 8.

Back