Condition Battery?

MechaPumpkin

Still Fresh
This may be a really dumb question, but I searched this forum using several different word combinations and I can't seem to find the answer.

Is it safe for me to begin using my Wiz right away out of the box, or do I need to fully charge it once first to make sure the battery is properly conditioned?

I know, some people say lithium does not need conditioning, but I have not found this to be 100% true.

Does anyone have any advice about this for me?

Thanks!

I am very sorry. I would delete this post if I knew how. In this post http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57327-time-charging-battery/ the user says that the manual suggests the Wiz be fully charged before use.

I didn't realize the CD was a manual, I thought the quick start guide (which is a single page) was the manual.

Thanks and sorry for wasting anyone's time. Maybe my post will be easier to find for anyone else with the same question in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good reply MechaPumpkin :) Some people have no manners. But none the less, welcome to the community. I'm sure you will enjoy you Wiz. May i ask, what was the main reason for buying it, the emulators?

/Uni

u9i said:
Good reply MechaPumpkin :) Some people have no manners. But none the less, welcome to the community. I'm sure you will enjoy you Wiz. May i ask, what was the main reason for buying it, the emulators?

/Uni

Hi U9i,

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, some people have nothing better to do, but randomly burn bridges before they even know where they lead. Let's hope monstercameron never needs my help in the future. He's not going to get it.

I decided on the Wiz because I like the old school emulators and I've always wanted a super portable device for them. I've built MAME cabinets and I've modded a DS and a PSP, but found there was something missing. They just weren't designed to do exactly what I wanted them to do, unlike the Wiz. I looked at the Pandora, and it's quite impressive, but it does way more than I'd ever need, and it costs about 3 or 4 times the price.

So far I'm really impressed with the Wiz. I do, however, find the SNES emulator (Pocketsnes) has been freezing. I have tried 6.5 and 7.1, but both seem to occasionally freeze on their menu screens.

Thanks again for the welcome to the community!

Indeed, welcome!

MechaPumpkin said:
So far I'm really impressed with the Wiz. I do, however, find the SNES emulator (Pocketsnes) has been freezing. I have tried 6.5 and 7.1, but both seem to occasionally freeze on their menu screens.

Seems to be a common issue. Trying running it through GiNGE and see if that fixes it for you. A bit of a hassle, but it's worked so far.

Back