Complain about Battery Case Here

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
So more than 6 months after having my Pandora, I just used it on a cross country flight and killed a battery on the WAY BACK. It made it from Oakland to Philly with a stop in Vegas and still had a nice chunk of battery left.

My gripe is this battery box, I'm trying to charge the battery I let run dry on the way back and I can't open the fricking thing still. Its a task. If you know of an easy way, please post a video or step by step.

If you think I'm crazy, I hope you ordered an extra battery to understand.

Yeah many commented on how tough they are to open. I suggest you stick a fingernail into each corner (edit: of one end and then run it around one side to past the 3/4 mark). I just tested and that seems the easiest way. Amazing battery life though isnt it as you know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That method is perhaps the only way of opening those damn boxes! :lol:

I have zero trouble opening my battery box. I squeeze the bottom half just a smidge where the semi-circular markings are on the sides and the top pops off fairly easily.

I thought you left the battery in the Pandora while charging it? Am I missing something here?

Is it better carrying an extra battery or just get one of those rechargeable power units that can run multiple devices? The one I linked is just an example, haven't read reviews on any yet. These also have the advantage of being able to keep your Pandora on, you don't need to turn it off to change the battery.

Please bare in mind that the battery should only be fiddled with when the unit is not on a power supply.

I like having a spare battery, only problem is charging them has to be done on the Pandora. Any chance of a battery charging dock at some point?

Please bare in mind that the battery should only be fiddled with when the unit is not on a power supply.

I like having a spare battery, only problem is charging them has to be done on the Pandora. Any chance of a battery charging dock at some point?
case opens ok for me.I wouldnt hold out hope for a battery charging dock anytime soon though. :)

The fact that the Pandora can work while plugged into a power supply without a battery is a Texas Instrument test mode. There is no guarantee that all units can function without a battery while on wall power. It's been said numerous times that the battery should not be connected or disconnected from the board while the unit is attached to wall power.

Is it better carrying an extra battery or just get one of those rechargeable power units that can run multiple devices? The one I linked is just an example, haven't read reviews on any yet. These also have the advantage of being able to keep your Pandora on, you don't need to turn it off to change the battery.
I've had a Power Monkey for a few years and can highly recommend it. Don't have my Pandora yet but I'm confident it will work (charges my PSP just fine).

I'm pretty sure that, no, you can't. And shouldn't, especially if it's hooked up to the mains.
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious. By REALLY FAST he probably means faster than the speed of light, which might actually work :p

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious. By REALLY FAST he probably means faster than the speed of light, which might actually work :p
Fair point - I never considered that. Still, I think it was worth responding to anyway, just in case anyone takes it seriously (like I inadvertently did! :lol: ).

dont feel bad, i woulda tried it as well, knowing it couldn't've ever worked

Back