Compile Groove for Pandora?

Giving it a try. ;)

COMPILED: Giving it a try right now... will upload shortly.

Result: Works fine so far, can fetch music from Grooveshark easily, but I don't hear playback... mysterious... need to take a look into that.

EDIT again: That app has been compiled ages ago already, I only just found it myself by accident on gp32x forums! However that version there isn't working properly either... back to testing again.

4th Edit - woohoo: Got it all working, will bundle it in a PND for you in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats easily explained...

Spotify: pay 2 use, not available in many countries.

Groove: free 2 use, available in a lot more countries.

I dont think its quite that simple though is it?

im sure there is more 2 it than that?

also spotify is also free from official desltop client.

I dont think its quite that simple though is it?

im sure there is more 2 it than that?

also spotify is also free from official desltop client.
I'm seeing things from a Pandora Point of View. :)

Actually when I recompiled this for you guys, I didn't really think of using it myself, but I must admit it's rather useful when my moms doing her usual "oh I would love to listen to some crappy oldie song again" line.

Insert Cliff Richards in there and she has a free pick of every bullshit song ever produced. :huh:

Been meaning to do this for a while, but here's what I've figured out in regards to the invisible buttons:

1. Previous song.

3. Play/pause.

4. Next song.

Anyone know 2 or 5? I'm assuming they are some sort of repeat/continuous play options.

On another note, how hard would it be to implement a save/load option? I'd really like to be able to easily access specific playlists for my work.

screen110316-035653.png

I feel really stupid, because I'm probably missing something obvious, but, I cant seem to get this to find any songs. Its says I'm connected, but never brings up any songs when I search.

Is there something I missed?

Sorry to bump a month old topic, but I'm having the same issue as Boolean. It just won't find any songs, and half the time it gets stuck on the initialising phase, which means I can't even search at all! If it gets past that, I can do a search, it tells me it's fetching files, then it displays nothing. Really disappointed, I've wanted to get Grooveshark running on the Pandora for a while now so when I saw this app I was really excited :(

Just thought id point this out, havent really used grooveshark too much but Pandora radio works on the Open Pandora through firefox :p , I think its US only though. Or. Something.

Just thought id point this out, havent really used grooveshark too much but Pandora radio works on the Open Pandora through firefox :p , I think its US only though. Or. Something.

Yeah pretty sure it's US only. I live in the UK, so I can't use it. Grooveshark unfortunately doesn't work in Firefox, even the versions with Flash installed it comes up with a Flash error.

Wow I feel bad for missing all these posts. The client did work for a good while. It's not US only and should work everywhere.

What I do know is that the groove source has been updated to follow with grooveshark's current api. When when recent grooveshark updates occured, the pnd version stopped working as it uses the old api.

In order for this to work for everyone, we just need to compile the newest source and pack it into a pnd. I am currently trying to do this, but unfortunately it seems some of the dependencies aren't readily available and must be compiled from source. I'm using stuckie's extends right now to try and get this happening, but I'm really just learning as I go and haven't made all that much progress.

If someone with more experience wants to have a go, Coldbird said it's not too difficult as long as you can fulfill all the dependencies. My latest idea was to rip the libraries Coldbird used out of his pnd and use it to compile the newest source, but once again I'm kinda just stumbling in the dark with all this stuff.

Also, on the browser-based front. I'm pretty sure grooveshark is blocked on our flash driver, as the driver is intended for phones/handhelds. Grooveshark generally wants users to upgrade to premium and use their apps in order to use the service on their phones, so they probably had TI block it.

EDIT: oh you meant pandora is US only, never mind my reading inability.

Got the new version to compile.

It's libqtson that's missing but you can, as edgex004 suggests, hack together a dev package from maemo header files and the library Coldbird compiled for his pnd.

Also required is changing a string in gscom.cpp from 'listen.grooveshark.com' to just 'grooveshark.com' to get it to actually play stuff.

Not sure what to do now though - dunno whether Coldbird wants to do a new version, or whether edgex004 wants to be the maintainer (this strikes me as something that should be done by someone who's interested in it - see if they can get the buttons to show up etc). I can help you get it compiled if you want edgex004.

That would be much appreciated, fraemon. I'll PM you with my current compile error. Pretty sure its parser.h from qjson that was giving me trouble. I downloaded the maemo source before, but wasn't really sure what to do with it.

It was actually my plan to sort through the source and try to fix the button issue and allow for saving playlists, so I'll happily be maintainer. Should be a good learning experience anyway.

Back