¿cómo Compramos Los Españoles Una Pandora?

I don't know if it's Anarchy, but I asked EvilDragon in the German forum. I will post his answer here.

For all multilingual people here's the original quote from GP2x.de, it's quite interesting:

...Bei den Kontingenten sind bisher 1000 Pandoras für Craig, 1000 für Fatih und 1000 für mich gedacht. Wenn noch mehr Shops (US, Spanien, etc.) dazukommen, wird noch ein wenig verteilt.
Wenn bei einem wesentlich weniger eingeht und dafür woanders mehr, wird natürlich nochmal verschoben.

Source.

Regards,
Stephan

TRANSLATION

sbock said:
No se si es Anarchy, pero le pregunté a EvilDragon en el foro alemán.
Para aquellos multilingües aquí está la cita de GP2x.de, es muy interesante.

Bei den Kontingenten sind bisher 1000 Pandoras für Craig, 1000 für Fatih und 1000 für mich gedacht. Wenn noch mehr Shops (US, Spanien, etc.) dazukommen, wird noch ein wenig verteilt.
Wenn bei einem wesentlich weniger eingeht und dafür woanders mehr, wird natürlich nochmal verschoben.
Source.

Un saludo,
Stephan

TN: Sorry, but I don't understand german, my only contact with it are usually Rammstein's songs.
NdT: Lo siento pero no entiendo el alemán, mi único contacto con él son normalmente las canciones de Rammstein.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I like Rammstein, too. Good to see you people in Spain come in touch with German culture... ;-)

EvilDragon wrote back:

Weitere Händler sind geplant, aber für die ersten 3000 wollen wir keine Händler haben, die nicht bereits in der gp2x-Szene aktiv involviert waren (sonst gibts nur zig Rücksendungen, weil die Firmware vielleicht noch nicht alle Funktionen bietet, etc.).

Translation:
The first batch of 3000 units will only be sold from distributors who are active in the GP2x szene.
Later one there will be other distributors.

I think for Spain this is www.gp2xspain.com. But that is only a guess from me as his answer is not totally clear. Perhaps you people in Spain must wait for the second batch.

OFFTOPIC [On]
sbock said:
Ah, I like Rammstein, too. Good to see you people in Spain come in touch with German culture... ;-)
Rammstein are one of the best Rock bands out there :) I am a Spanish fan of the band too ;)

OFFTOPIC [Off]

Por cierto, tryPSP, no seas tan maleducado en tus respuestas tío, que es cierto que en este foro se habla en inglés y eso hay que respetarlo lo máximo posible ;)

I was telling tryPSP not to be so rude, his last answer was not a good example of spanish education :p

The most popular forum about GP32 and GP2X is GP32SPAIN.com

Good question, but nobody knows exactly. My personal guess: Not before November 2008.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Good question, but nobody knows exactly. My personal guess: Not before November 2008.

Regards,
Stephan

What?????? :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko:

@trypsp

Pre-orders were supposed to start 4 weeks before delivery (approx) and Craig has said he wants people to see photos and vids before they pre-order. The first photos of a real Pandora are expected later this month. Lead time on parts could be 4-8 weeks. All that suggests end September is about the most optimistic date, October perhaps looking more likely, November a bit pessimistic (but wouldn't surprise anyone).

I'm also fairly sure it has been said that Craig/ED will ship to other countries, so Spain should not have to wait.

If any one in the know can correct / update anything I've said then great.

Edit: Similar discussion here.

sbock said:

Regards,
Stephan
:blink:
Hey, don't fear us! :ph34r:
Or do you have new insider Informations? I know the Pandora deleayed because of the Analog Pad disaster but that was "only" a month or so. What should deleay till November, I mean the old (really OLD I know) inofficial release date was somehow around "May/June" ^_^

fusion_power said:
sbock said:

Regards,
Stephan
:blink:
Hey, don't fear us! :ph34r:
Or do you have new insider Informations? I know the Pandora deleayed because of the Analog Pad disaster but that was "only" a month or so. What should deleay till November, I mean the old (really OLD I know) inofficial release date was somehow around "May/June" ^_^
Don't forget Pandora is ARM not X86. It has a different instruction cycle and calendar processing module. Per the the Cortex Vortex it's still early.

fusion_power said:
Or do you have new insider Informations?
Nope. Just an educated guess. ;)

trypsp said:
Vimacs said:
The forum language is English.

If you do not bother reading this, I speak as I get the epic win :angry:

Again, The forum language is English, most of us here won't waste precious bandwidth to translate what your saying.

Besides, I've seen you post in English before.

CandidStan said:
trypsp said:
Vimacs said:
The forum language is English.

If you do not bother reading this, I speak as I get the epic win :angry:

Again, The forum language is English, most of us here won't waste precious bandwidth to translate what your saying.

Besides, I've seen you post in English before.

correct translation:
"Si te molesta no leas esto,yo hablo como me da la gana" = "if it bothers you don't read this, i talk the way i want"

Back