Coding Gods?

Alex. said:
Macheted kids in Sudan will never see a single penny of what you donate to an organization. They're all con artists, some of course more credible than others. By giving money to someone in need that is next to you, at least you are guaranteed that said money will go directly to that person. Whether that person will spend it on alcohol or food, who cares? You'd have brightened their day regardless, and isn't that what matters?
That's a bit too cynical. I hasten to add that I don't know what organizations you have in your country. Of course some are con artists, but it's also true that many of the international organizations are not, and that naturally a (too) large chunk goes to the organization. It costs money to run an organization, handle the paperwork across border, sending stuff etc.

I trust the Red Cross and other well-known organizations to pass on a healthy part of my money to the recipients. And many small donations count, even for those organizations that see maybe 10% of the contributions to their recipients.

As for the topic at hand, I'd support people that do new games on the GP2x rather than ports/emus of existing stuff, since that's where my heart is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back