Codecs

I just had a quick look on virtual dub and i think i've got both.

I could send you both of the .dll's if you can tell me where i'll find them on my pc and how you'd like them sent!

Why don't you use FFDShow to decode your divx encoded files and keep divx 4.x to encode on GP32? FFDShow is faster than official divx decoder. And if you want to encode for you computer, XVid 1.0 performs better than DivX 5.x.
So that was the piece of advice, now the explanation and another (wacky) method: divx 4.x and divx 5.x are using same file names for their files in some of their versions. So you can't keep them both. I don't know exactly all the files that are installed but there is a .ax file which is the directshow filter. So theoritically if you rename the file for each one and then register it (regsvr32 whatever_file.ax) it could be possible to have them both. I have never tested that because it is quite useless, I think...

i`ve got a problem with my gpcinema and i think its because the encoding so i dont start a new topic.
i encode the movie (divx 4 or xvid it doesnt matter) but i cant play it on my gp.
gpcinema shows the stats of the movie ( audio and video bitrate ) but if I press A to play the file nothing happens :(

P.S.
I used the search funktion but i found nothing similar to that

a little irrelevant but I was wondering as seein as GPcinema is free, if the source was released, do you think it could be made compatible with more codecs? I was forced to use xvid for an evangelion episode originally 27 megs
i compressed it and it became 31! i tried everything an this seems odd to me.

Seraptin posted on May 17 2004 at 07:10 PM said:
i`ve got a problem with my gpcinema and i think its because the encoding so i dont start a new topic.
i encode the movie (divx 4 or xvid it doesnt matter) but i cant play it on my gp.
gpcinema shows the stats of the movie ( audio and video bitrate ) but if I press A to play the file nothing happens :(

P.S.
I used the search funktion but i found nothing similar to that
I had a similar problem, nothing would load or it would then instantly reset.

Make sure your using the codecs from the entware site as there are many variants around.

Last edited by a moderator:
the most common cause of gp cinema not playing the files and reseting is the audio frequency.

in the audio settings set conversion to 11025 this nearly always sorts the reseting problem

Back