Clutter Toolkit

rahulgarg

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has played with the clutter GUI toolkit (clutter-project.org).

From their website : Clutter is an open source software library for creating fast, visually rich and animated graphical user interfaces. Clutter uses OpenGL (and optionally OpenGL ES for use on Mobile and embedded platforms) for rendering but with an API which hides the underlying GL complexity from the developer. The Clutter API is intended to be easy to use, efficient and flexible.

(I believe they have a backend for both GLES 1.x and 2.0).

Would be cool if someone would do a port for the Pandora. The prereqs are : gobject, gtk+, pango, cairo, gdk-pixbuf, opengl ES and SDL. Some portions are optional but not clear to me right now whats optional and whats not. Documentation is a little sparse. I have just started looking at it. If someone knows more about it, do tell.

Since its more of a wishlist than a developer discussion, so I am posting this in general and not dev forum.

edit : OTOH, a "port" may not actually be required. We will probably only need to ensure that all dependencies are present and may need to tweak the GLES backend.

Back