Christmas gift

ora

Still Fresh
Hi,

I was thinking of buying the Pandora as a gift for someone and myself. I wanted to order this summer but got some issues and decided to postpone.

Can I pre-order later this month and expect to see a Pandora by early December ? Or am I being too unrealistic ?

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately, I don't think that it will be possible - production is being moved to Germany at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that they don't expect to start shipping newly-made/ordered units until January/February at the earliest. More information on this can be found in the news section, located at the top of the main forum index.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be the bearer of better news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I was thinking of buying the Pandora as a gift for someone and myself. I wanted to order this summer but got some issues and decided to postpone.

Can I pre-order later this month and expect to see a Pandora by early December ? Or am I being too unrealistic ?
You could try ebay?

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately, I don't think that it will be possible - production is being moved to Germany at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that they don't expect to start shipping newly-made/ordered units until January/February at the earliest. More information on this can be found in the news section, located at the top of the main forum index.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be the bearer of better news!
It's OK. I could have ordered this summer and had the device by now. It's nobody's fault but my own for delaying the ordering process.

Hi,

You could try ebay?
Tried. The one in the UK only offers jewels and books and a spare battery for 4$ so probably not something good. The one in the US offered two devices but only ship within US.I'd check out the german one , but unfortunately , Ich weiß nicht Deutsch sprechen(<-hope google translate didn't convert to swears or something)

Yes, Christmas is too close, it will be January, unfortunately.
Are we talking like a few days into January if I preorder in October ? Or more like late January ? Sorry to nit pick.

Are we talking like a few days into January if I preorder in October ? Or more like late January ? Sorry to nit pick.

Hard to tell right now.

There still are a few things that needed to be done to be able to 100% confirm this.

One is moving the parts from Texas to Germany, not an easy task, but we're getting there.

Once the prototype boards have been produced, I should be able to confirm it 99,99%.

Tried. The one in the UK only offers jewels and books and a spare battery for 4$ so probably not something good. The one in the US offered two devices but only ship within US.I'd check out the german one , but unfortunately , Ich weiß nicht Deutsch sprechen(<-hope google translate didn't convert to swears or something)
Keep an eye on this board. Members here occasionally find they need the money more than they need their Pandora so they offer it up to other community members first.

Hard to tell right now.

There still are a few things that needed to be done to be able to 100% confirm this.

One is moving the parts from Texas to Germany, not an easy task, but we're getting there.

Once the prototype boards have been produced, I should be able to confirm it 99,99%.
OK , I will place my pre-order as soon as I can (currently changing flats) and we'll see how it goes from there. Good luck on the production.

Keep an eye on this board. Members here occasionally find they need the money more than they need their Pandora so they offer it up to other community members first.
Thanks. That should help but I only have one issue regarding trust. What's the record of these user-to-user transactions ? Are we talking mostly fair honest deals with both parties walking away pleased ?

Thanks. That should help but I only have one issue regarding trust. What's the record of these user-to-user transactions ? Are we talking mostly fair honest deals with both parties walking away pleased ?
As far as I know the posts are left as-is from each transaction. You can peruse through and see others that have already been sold. I don't remember seeing any complaints, so if someone was not pleased then they're being quiet about it, unfortunately.

OK - I have two Pandoras. I am a happy man.

Took a while to get customs clearance. -> Word of advice , if you are in the EU and order from outside the post will be fair in transportation , but the customs service is a horrible pain to burden , so take that into account.

The transactions went well and everything ended well.

Here's to the Pandora.

Hurrraaaaahhhh.

hope you enjoy it as much (or more) as I did

take care of the little guy :sniff: :D

hope you enjoy it as much (or more) as I did

take care of the little guy :sniff: :D
Don't worry , it's in good hands.

Also , as far as I'm concerned you get a thumbs up for honesty and delivery !

I feel like i adopted a baby or something , don't worry , my nerd motherhood instinct is tingling :) :wub:

Back