Chatboard

WhiteFalcon

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Could anyone make some sort of tutorial how to mod the CHA-01 chatboard to be able to connect it to GP32? I know about the large pic Mr. Spiv placed on his page, but this doesnt show the other end of the cable (when using a connector and a cable, not a hands-free set cable) and also there is no mention how to take away the original connector of the chatboard.
Short step by step tutorial would be most appreciated and would allow more people to get the chatboard and it would spread and might get more supported by developers.

Sigh.. there are pin definitions just below the link to the keyboard.. If you would have bothered to read those few lines:

And this is how pins are wired to EXT cable:

EXT-Pin: Meaning: Color:
1 +3V orange
9 Rx white
10 Tx yellow
18 GND blue

You look at the picture.. spot the orange wire.. that goes to pin 1 in the EXT cable/plug and so on. EXT pin definitions on GP32 & cable side are also illustrated on two PDFs that are also for download in my site.

:blink:

Happy new year.. btw. ;)

no mention how to take away the original connector of the chatboard

It's quite simple - just desolder it and remove. That really is it. Then solder wires as shown in Spiv's diagrams.

mr. spiv: ok, sorry, I already seen this part of your page many times, got the picture and copied the pin description. Its just I am somehow clumsy with soldering iron, maybe some smaller than my micro coldering iron should be used. I dont want to make a mistake since its not that easy to find the CHA-01 here and no luck finding the connector here so far...

mr. spiv: ok, sorry, I already seen this part of your page many times, got the picture and copied the pin description. Its just I am somehow clumsy with soldering iron, maybe some smaller than my micro coldering iron should be used. I dont want to make a mistake since its not that easy to find the CHA-01 here and no luck finding the connector here so far...

I didnt ask you because of the small note on your page: "My chatboard was originally soldered by rbtx99 - so credits to him for an excellent job!!" Seemed to me like you were more into design and coding than soldering.

Back