Charging spare battery

ohoho

Still Fresh
Hello, I have a spare Pandora battery and was wondering if anyone has an off the shelf solution for re-charging it outside the console?

I don't think there's any neat way of doing it.

For the non-electronics-nerd there is a significant risk of damaging your battery :(

You would need a 3.7v  smart charger and a protection circuit for the battery.  Then you would need a way of connecting it to the battery. 

A little to much effort IMO.

Get a second Pandora board and Keyboard housing + bottom housing + battery lid.

Put it together and put the battery into the housing.

It's expensive but works.

...for extra functionality buy an extra screen and upper case - You now have two pandoras!!!

The problem with charging outside the console is you lose the "overcharge protection" which was causing old CC units to end up with warped batteries and battery doors, as I understand it.

I keep my spare between 40-60% of power and cycle them once a month.

Then, if my main battery dies and I still need my Pandy for the day, I have enough juice in the spare for that, and then cycle them back, charge the dead battery overnight.  and at the end of the month, cycle back.

Generally, if you do what I do...you won't run your spare battery dead in a month...and then, at the end of the month, when you cycle again, you will have a spare at 40-60% again.

It's also much better for the batteries to cycle them...and to store them around 40% of power, I'm told.

I'm sure an arduino-powered battery charging rig could do the job just fine.

But I get the impression that the OP is not an electronics geek ;)

the hard way:

NokiaBikeChargerKit.jpg

Back