Character Limit

BotchedLobotomy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I did a search, but nothing came up, so I'll ask in hopes of an answer.

I recently got my gp32 (saturday) from gbax, and one thing that bugs me is the 8 character limit. I noticed that with fgb32 the whole filename is actually listed in the load list, but all my other emulators, osnes9x, littlejohn, all the filenames are you know, something like mario~1.zip or something. Is fgb32 special that it can read the whole filename, or is it like an ID tag that is read... Any help would be greatly appreciated, as renaming all my games would be reeeeeaally annoying... :(

Thanks

I think its just the crappy pc-link program which only allows 8 character names.

Get the hacked version of pclink from the download section of this very site, or get the GpDrive beta from the beta testing section of these very forums and everything should be ok.

The GP32 filesystem (FAT12/16) only supports 8.3 names :( The hacked versions and thigies like that just reduce the name to 8.3 automaticly.... And the thingies that show you the whole name have a database of all the rom's CRCs, so it can tell what the whole name is :)

thanks for the fast response guys! so I'm guessing opensnes9x and other emulators dont have the crc database, that would be awesome if they did...

Hint hint... :lol:

*buys more media cards*

Back