Changing layout of external keyboard

Discussion in 'Android' started by Klumpen, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

Hello,

I had a Bluetooth keyboard once, but since it made my Pandora crash for some reason and had a German layout, Android mapped the English layout on it and I couldn't find a working program to fix this outside of the Google Store (which I don't use), I sold it again.
    I'm thinking about getting something like this and my boss wants to have such a thing for his 8inch tablet in German layout while I'd prefer the local layout as well since I'm used to it and for öäüß etc...

Is there a working universal layout changer for bluetooth keyboards around somewhere in Fdroid or as apk by now?

Tags:
  2. Mr_Loon

Mr_Loon Can't Remember

Is this guide any help? Your device needs to be rooted so I'm not sure if it will help.

Never tried this but I understand that there are ways of getting APKs from the Play Store without a Google account : See Here

Klumpen likes this.
  3. hongthe

hongthe Still Fresh

8/56 Mỹ Phước Tân Vạn , Thuận An Bình Dương 590000
    anyone here used samsung j7 pro?

4. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

Keyboards from F-droid, Hacker's keyboard among which, can do this. Even the default one in Android. Hold space.
    It is a function built into android, and can be enabled from settings. → language and in-data - language

Edit: If you are not on Android (?) you could do "setxkbmap de" and see if that works.