1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Changing layout of external keyboard

Discussion in 'Android' started by Klumpen, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

Hello,

I had a Bluetooth keyboard once, but since it made my Pandora crash for some reason and had a German layout, Android mapped the English layout on it and I couldn't find a working program to fix this outside of the Google Store (which I don't use), I sold it again.
    I'm thinking about getting something like this and my boss wants to have such a thing for his 8inch tablet in German layout while I'd prefer the local layout as well since I'm used to it and for öäüß etc...

Is there a working universal layout changer for bluetooth keyboards around somewhere in Fdroid or as apk by now?

Tags:
  2. Mr_Loon

Mr_Loon Can't Remember

Is this guide any help? Your device needs to be rooted so I'm not sure if it will help.

Never tried this but I understand that there are ways of getting APKs from the Play Store without a Google account : See Here

Klumpen likes this.
  3. hongthe

hongthe Newbie

8/56 Mỹ Phước Tân Vạn , Thuận An Bình Dương 590000
    anyone here used samsung j7 pro?

4. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

Keyboards from F-droid, Hacker's keyboard among which, can do this. Even the default one in Android. Hold space.
    It is a function built into android, and can be enabled from settings. → language and in-data - language

Edit: If you are not on Android (?) you could do "setxkbmap de" and see if that works.