Keyboard Layout Switcher

daniel3000

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I am working on a keyboard layout switcher, which allows easy and simple switching of keyboard layouts using the mouse, touchscreen etc (i.e. with GUI).
This is handy if you attach a USB keyboard. The Pandora's keyboard map does not fit any comon standard, so no matter what kind of keyboad you attach, it won't work properly.
The switcher is intended to offer you some options, such as US-Enligh layout, UK-english kayout, german layout, French layout etc. and also switching back to the original Pandora layout.

It is almost ready. I will release a PND then.

The only problem is: I cannot find layout files for xmodmap on the Internet which I could include in the package.
So far I have a file for the Pandora keybaord and one for a UK-English keyboard, but that's it.

So, does anyone have xmodmap-compatible keyboard map files for common standard keybaords?
Or is there a ressource on the interntet I haven't seen yet?

Thank you,

Daniel

daniel3000 said:
---
So, does anyone have xmodmap-compatible keyboard map files for common standard keybaords?
Or is there a ressource on the interntet I haven't seen yet?

If you are working on a debian system, they are under /usr/share/keymaps/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
thanks for the pointers.
Will have a look there.

kukacster: I am working on the Pandora directly. Don't have another Linux system available currently.
If you have, could you pack /usr/share/keymaps for me and send it to my email? This would be a great help.

Thanks!
Daniel

Back