Celebrity Customer?

I've just been watching this:

What if someone like Stephen Fry bought a Pandora and wrote about it in the media? From what I gather he buys everything.

We're gonna need more village halls.

:blink:

I think there is someone who would be known to many UK TV viewers/Magazine readers on the order list. I've seen some 'cross-pollination' of subject matter here and in their articles that made me suspect.

Monk said:
If he buys everything, and that gets about, does that mean tha the sales of everything shot up?

Only stuff he really liked and wrote about, so I believe. You're saying the Pandora isn't particularly special or good or praiseworthy?

I know he's an early adopter, and sings the praises of open source a lot. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Stephen fry would like the pandora, Simon pegg on the other hand...

SomeGuy99 said:
You're saying the Pandora isn't particularly special or good or praiseworthy?

No, I'm questioning the logic of your post. You say you hear he buys everything ergo he must presumably write or talk about everything he buys for you to know about it. If sales of everything went up then your suggestion automatically has merit, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Perhaps there's something missing from your post.

If the Pandora will do betetr than other things that he buys and comments on then perhaps, I am suggesting, that would be more to do with the Pandora than with Stephen Fry (who I personally tend to find rather amusing).

Sugar_Kane said:
I don't think Stephen fry would like the pandora, Simon pegg on the other hand...

Werid, because yesterday I was sitting on the bog reading an old copy of Edge (I don't buy it anymore). There was an round-table discussion about games which also included:

charlie-brooker.jpg

Charlie Brooker

2126255.jpg

Grayham Linehan

thursdays_peter_396x222.jpg

Peter Serafinowicz

...who are all big gamers.

Monk said:

Monk, I think you're being a little antagonistic here. Not trying to start a fight or anything (you're one of my favourite posters on here).

Sorry, think I misread you...

All I mean was:

A) Stephen Fry buys everything (according to himself)
B] He is an early adopter
C) He heavily evangelises anything he really likes (At the moment the Ipad) including Open Source
D) You could say pet favourites?
E) Stephen Fry is ridiculously popular and a lot of people regard his opinion on technology
F) If he bought a Pandora, then it became his pet favourite he would write about it
G) This would get us some CRAZY mainstream coverage
H) It would sell a lot of Pandoras

I'm not saying we need celeb endorsment, i'm just speculating what would or could happen, yeah?

It's unfortunate, but if it DID happen I doubt OpenPandora could meet the demand.
The best advertising in the world doesn't really help if you don't have anything to sell to the new customers.

SomeGuy99 said:
Monk, I think you're being a little antagonistic here. Not trying to start a fight or anything (you're one of my favourite posters on here).

No worries, I'm a little... abrupt (shall we say) in real life too :(

It just struck me as odd is all - the phrasing seemed like one of those little puzzles my wife is so fond of, where you have to sort through apparent contradictions to get to the solution. I got what you were trying to say, just felt (and badly expressed) that it didn't seem to be what you were ACTUALLY saying. I also get affected by the general forum tone and read things in a light that is perhaps without merit at times :(

I suspect the "we're gonna need more village halls" comment is the best bit, and suggests what would happen to any HUGE surge in popularity - failure of supply to meet demand leading to massive dissapointment and media backlash. Though I'd love to be wrong :)

I think Linus Torvalds should get one for free. That should generate some free press within the right audience, assuming more is needed.

charles brooker rocks not only for his shows but hes a retro gaming nerd too :)

Monk said:
It just struck me as odd is all - the phrasing seemed like one of those little puzzles my wife is so fond of, where you have to sort through apparent contradictions to get to the solution.

I can only apologise, as I do often have a self-contradictory way of thinking (and speaking). I've been told IRL that I make contradictions even with single sentences.

:lol:

LOL no worries, we're all fairly grown up adults here (on a good day!) - and actually, it's peoples "peculiarities" that make them different and, IMHO, more interesting. If we were all the same, we'd all be John Major. Now THERE is a scary thought!

Monk said:
LOL no worries, we're all fairly grown up adults here (on a good day!) - and actually, it's peoples "peculiarities" that make them different and, IMHO, more interesting. If we were all the same, we'd all me John Major. Now THERE is a scary thought!

But it turned out he had his interesting quirks too. You gotta watch out for the quiet types.

;)

I agree with that though.

SomeGuy99 said:
Sugar_Kane said:

Werid, because yesterday I was sitting on the bog reading an old copy of Edge (I don't buy it anymore). There was an round-table discussion about games which also included:

charlie-brooker.jpg

Charlie Brooker

2126255.jpg

Grayham Linehan

thursdays_peter_396x222.jpg

Peter Serafinowicz

...who are all big gamers.

I've met Grayham on the set of IT crowd, pretty chill bloke.

Back