CC vs 1ghz Model - Been out of the loop

gotwake424

Hey guys long time no post ;p

So I currently have a CC model pandora and love using it. However the case is showing lots of wear and the left nub is starting to have problems so I have a couple of question before I order the new 1ghz model

How is video playback on the 1ghz model? Much better than the CC or about on par? can it handle higher rez videos/mkvs?

Is the new case revision better than the old black? Eg does it not crack? have the horrible battery compartment bulge? 

How is n64 compared to n64 on the CC model? I know the 1ghz model have a faster gpu clock and a revision to the driver I'm pretty sure.

Has the horrible wifi been fixed? ( without a usb stick?)

That is all I could think of for right now :) I did search for the video playback of the CC vs 1ghz model and didn't find anything so I figured I could ask a few other questions along side that

I don't know you but welcome back :)

I owned a Pandora like yours. Sold it and now own 2 1ghz models. 

Everything is significantly better.  It handles higher rez better,the casing is superior = no cracks this time.The hinges are pefectly taut and move to whatever postion I desire. N64 and PS1 games run much smoother clocked @1ghz. I have no WIFI issues on either of my models and use it often. No bulges at the battery compartment. If there is one similar construction problem I would say there is a ever so slight bowing at the mid bezel but hardly noticeable.

Hope this helps and once again, welcome back to the forum.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Clock is now handled by the OS, we just set the upper limit, it goes all down when cpu isn't needed.

Back