Castaway/GP 009 Released!

OMG, yer kidding :blink:

if this is some kind of mad joke..... ill kill ye :D LOL

I cant TELL ye how good this is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff m8, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

holy!!!!

dude, i was just about to go to bed.....

<clicks link and downloads>

oh well maybe i can sleep tomorrow night or something..

!! WTG !!

nice one skeezix! now i can win at stuntcar racer :)

one bug i've found with previous versions is that sometimes the keyboard input stops working and the only way to get it back is to reset the gp32. were you aware of this?

Did I mention that there's a small cult forming to worship you in East Mongolia?

BTW: Think there may be a problem with the corrupt-cache file detection; i.e. wouldn't load until I'd deleted mine (just Beige Screen of Deathed me a lot)

"Gods" (Automation 476a/B) now works with v009!

I am a happy camper now!! :) :D

Thanks!!!!!

Feeblez posted on May 14 2003 said:
nice one skeezix! now i can win at stuntcar racer :)

one bug i've found with previous versions is that sometimes the keyboard input stops working and the only way to get it back is to reset the gp32. were you aware of this?
I've not seen any control lockups since around 004 or so; if you've got some game that locks it up a lot, let me know.. (not Sensi Soccer; that just doesn't listen to the joystick at all, though we're reporting it fine). If I can see it happen, I might be able to fix it :/

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand posted on May 14 2003 said:
Did I mention that there's a small cult forming to worship you in East Mongolia?

BTW: Think there may be a problem with the corrupt-cache file detection; i.e. wouldn't load until I'd deleted mine (just Beige Screen of Deathed me a lot)

What exactly happened? Step by step if you could..

I was using 009 in the GeePee emulator no problem; pushed it over to my real GP32 and fired it up, and it crashed. (Since I just upgraded firmware, I wasn't sure if that was the problem or not.. but the BIOS gave a nice debug dump which was cool :) I narroed it into the cache file, so I added a couple checks that would cause the cache to get deleted if a problem was encountered, so you could just reboot and not worry about it.

But the original problem for me was.. fire it up, get the title screen. Hit any button, crash.

No idea why yet, but it does try to self-correct.

So for you.. did you get the splashscreen, and then it was just crashed? Deleting the stache1.txt fixed it?

If so, you had same problem as me.. and no idea why :/

We'll see if anyone else gets it :/

jeff

Hi,
This sounds all great and all, but when I start up the emulator, it crashes completely.
I deleted both stgames.txt & its cache & it loads fine now.
Thought you might want to know...
I tried the save states & this is a blessing. It works great !
Also, any chance you could store the save states to another directory (hence adding a directory change option)
Thanks & keep up the good work.

Loic

bzfish posted on May 14 2003 said:
"Gods" (Automation 476a/B) now works with v009!

I am a happy camper now!! :) :D

Thanks!!!!!

Which was the last Castaway/GP version you tried? I think it should've been fixed a couple versions back (8, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3)?

rico: Can I have my flood timer turned down? When replying to a half dozen posts in the forum here it takes 30s between replies ;)

jeff

What exactly happened? Step by step if you could..

Deleted the old castaway.fxe file, uploaded the new one, ran it - as you say, got to the title screen, then Beige Screen of Death (I use the MultiFW :) ). So used COMI to rename first the STGAMES.TXT (which just resulted in a faster BSOD, since it skipped reading that and went straight for the STCache1.txt or whatever it is), so renamed the cache file, and it loaded fine... and then did the STGames.txt file back to normal, and that worked too.

Whatever your fix is, it's being applied too late, at a guess - i.e. the simple detection of the corrupted STcache1.txt is enough to take the emu out, and of course, if its just been taken out, it can't delete the file. Or something. Still, its working fine now, which is the important thing - just annoying to have to start my cache from scratch again (and it was getting quite big too...)

Shrike posted on May 14 2003 said:
he's a coding machine sent from the future to assimilate the past
that'd make a good film!

Wow !! :eek: Skeezix did it again :) ! Finally we have savestates !! Now if only the bug with the mousepointer hanging from time to time could be eliminated I would be the most lucky person in the whole GP32 community ;) But I am sure skeezix will also eliminate that bug someday :)
Thanks so much for bringing us the best emulator and still improving it at lightspeed :D Skeezix for president !! :D :D :lol: :lol:

Back