Castar - augmented - reality glasses, reach goal.

I want one. I don't know what for and I know I can't afford it right now, but I still crave it for reasons.

It's a shame all the best augmented reality games would never be allowed - like assassination missions in public - you get a message saying your target is in your vicinity, 3rd floor window of the building at your gps location. You have 5 minutes to point and shoot to register your hit. A lot of gamers would end up dead or in prison.

They could transform those role-playing murder mystery weekend games, the sort that take place in stately homes, or D&D style games in similar settings. Haunted house...

A lot of gamers would end up dead or in prison.
Toy guns in north america are required by law to have an orange plastic dabby thing on the barrel to help indicate it is fake. If such an AR system does come out I can see the designers making it a standard policy to have the glasses and "gun" with a specific light pattern when the game is engaged. Make it easy to identify other players vs normals, too.

I forgot that the augmented reality glasses could superimpose a sniper rifle in your grip, so you may appear slightly demented to an onlooker, but not necessarily an imminent danger...

Oh noes!!!

I see it coming: Hundreds of Harry Potter imitations with funny glasses swinging silly sticks and shouting gibberish....

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Because humans are genetically coded to be war-like. It get's them off. 

Imagine a 'strategy' game where the goal was to design new expressions of being in a co-creative manner. I.e. no losers - everyone evolves together. What fun!

Well, humans apparently just want to shoot things in clever and devious ways and then go "ra ra look at me I'm the BEST -I killed and dominated everyone else, all worship me you puny mortals Ha ha!"  

*yawn* how tedious and boring ego trips seem to me. I wonder if humans will ever grow out of it...?

^ Because humans are genetically coded to be war-like. It get's them off. 

Imagine a 'strategy' game where the goal was to design new expressions of being in a co-creative manner. I.e. no losers - everyone evolves together. What fun!

Well, humans apparently just want to shoot things in clever and devious ways and then go "ra ra look at me I'm the BEST -I killed and dominated everyone else, all worship me you puny mortals Ha ha!"  

*yawn* how tedious and boring ego trips seem to me. I wonder if humans will ever grow out of it...?
In my martial arts club, nobody (except our slightly aggressive policeman...) really behaves this way.

If you are focused enough on techniques and possibilities of the involved mechanics, you lose the focus on just beating each other and then it is a real game or art and nothing more.

It is a very small club though...

^ well that I can respect.

Violence is a curious topic for me... There must be a very good reason for it by the mere dint that it exists and it has been so prevalent. And I know that Mastery through dedication in the martial arts can be a powerful spiritual discipline.

I admit I am not enlightened on the subject.

Why would you want to target something with, a gun, in public.
Why do people play laser tag and paintball?
Thats legal and non-lethal, also, not really allowed in public.

Trying to find your mates through augmented reality isnt more dangerous than trying to find them via cellphone, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats legal and non-lethal, also, not really allowed in public.

Trying to find your mates through augmented reality isnt more dangerous than trying to find them via cellphone, no?
What does illegal and/or lethal shooting of firearms have to do with augmented reality?

Back