Casing colours

I actually don't really understand the obsession with clear cases on thisthread. Clear cases have always seemed like a gimmicky thing that nintendio used to do for the novelty of a device where you can see the innards of. I never actually thought it looked that cool. Except on the gameboy color. On the gameboy color it looked boss and made you a hit with the ladies.

I wouldn't mind a case like the limited edition MGS 3DS console.

metal_gear_snakeskin_3ds.jpg

mgs3ds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the days, the powerbook 1400 has an extra, transparent layer on the back of the lid that you could trap a custom picture behind.

I think this would be nice on a P2, as long as Apple haven't patent/copyright/trademark/whatever-encumbered it

(can't find any photos atm...)

What do you mean, exactly by "Not suitable for standard pandoras though..."?
I mean that if standard, production pandoras/P2s were in camo colours, it would look rather strange - it only makes sense for that PSP because it is being sold in a promotion with a military game - It would be a nice user repaint, or even a special edition, though :)

Indigo for me, but through and through, no paint please. I also like the transparent idea, but usually tranparent plastic is much weaker than the opaque alternative.

Another favorite would be pearl white, but only if the pigment is not that UV-sensitive and it should be easy to clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Indigo for me, but through and through, no paint please. I also like the transparent idea, but usually tranparent plastic is much weaker than the opaque alternative.
Another favorite would be pearl white, but only if the pigment is not that UV-sensitive and it should be easy to clean!

Very nice ideas there. :)

Back