Beta Caprice Amstrad Cpc Emulator

hdonk

Hi all.
Here's my first pass at CaPrIcE32. I've got it up to 100% emulation rate with overclocking at 750MHz. Sound works!
It turns out trying to use OpenGLES to accelerate the Palette rendering slows things down due to loading textures in to the PowerVR chip being a tad inefficient.
You'll also need an external keyboard to use it, as you won't get to the non alpha characters on the Pandora keyboard yet.
To run a disk [for example, batman];

/path/to/caprice/cap32 /path/to/disk/batman.dsk

Then in caprice;

run 'batman

TODO;
- More video optimisation
- QT UI for controlling the emulator
- PND file
- Pandora keyboard map

View attachment 442

th_dscf0865.jpg
th_dscf0864.jpg
th_dscf0863.jpg

I would shout a big "YAY!!!!!" but I haven't got my Pandora yet, so have a little "YAY!" instead. Nah, you deserve a big one :D

I was wondering if you've checked out pituka's source.

He managed to get it running phenomenally on the GP32, so I'm sure there might be some nice little optimizations to be found in it... I think it's based on caprice 0.4.1, but could be mistaken.

Hooka said:

He managed to get it running phenomenally on the GP32, so I'm sure there might be some nice little optimizations to be found in it... I think it's based on caprice 0.4.1, but could be mistaken.
If you check out ZX81's port of CaPrIcE he posted in the Msx thread it's already 1000x better than mine! I look forward to seeing when he releases it and then maybe doing as he suggested and putting my own gui on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hdonk said:
Hooka said:

If you check out ZX81's port of CaPrIcE he posted in the Msx thread it's already 1000x better than mine! I look forward to seeing when he releases it and then maybe doing as he suggested and putting my own gui on it.
Thanks hdonk, that sounds really great. ZX-81 is a monster on these ports. This is what the community is all about. Everyone helping everyone else.

Great work guys, please keep it up.

Chris

hdonk said:

Hi Dude, release is out, you may find the source code on my blog.

Back