Can't remember the name of this english TV series.

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
It was a medieval-futuristic TV series, where the UK king is a young guy who hides from the dictators.

I saw it around 1985.

Dont remember it either.There was a show with a man and a kid with a time travelling amulet though that i liked about 1986

Well, seems no, as there's no reference at UK king.

It was so long ago, and it was aired only once ^^.

I said medieval-futuristic, but it's no sci-fi, but more like anticipation.

I spent a lot of time browsing around but i never found out :/

Well, seems no, as there's no reference at UK king.

It was so long ago, and it was aired only once ^^.

I said medieval-futuristic, but it's no sci-fi, but more like anticipation.

I spent a lot of time browsing around but i never found out :/
Try imdb.com

Unfortunately not.

There was no "magic" or "hi-tech". And i remember most of the series isn't in a city. More in lands.

And the plot was about the young UK king (who don't know himself he's the king), hidden from the dictators until the final episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if I from germany I remember a britishTV series that ran here too. It was actualy set in the Future but the people there lived like in the past. But they knew technology and if they want, they could make usage of it. ^^ Don't know the name but it was NOT the Tripods I'm sure. (good old times ^^) But I also don't know the name.

Dont remember it either.There was a show with a man and a kid with a time travelling amulet though that i liked about 1986

I think that was "Voyagers"

http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Voyagers!

Yeah thats it.Wiki says it starred jon-Erik-hexum who accidentaly shot himself in the head with a blank gun cartridge on the set of his new show called Cover up. Was a big fan of cover up as a kid.

I think that was "Voyagers"

http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Voyagers!
I also remember this series. :) Damn, I'm old. ^^""
Then i guess you remember Manimal also :D

I'm not sure because all these shows had different names here in germany. ^^ Was this about the guy who was able to transform into different animals?

There were alot of great shows in the 80's, I remember. Cult in germany was for example "Fallguy", "Riptide", Knight Rider and A-Team of course. I also liked "Robin of Sherwood", best Robin Hood themed Series ever I would say, even when I was very young back then. This show never had a re run here AFAIK, same with Tripods, sadly.

I also loved Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy, the BBC TV show. It was cut here afaik but still pretty good, I still love the Music Theme. :D

Later there was stuff like "Misfits of Science" or how it was called in original. 21 Jump Street also was great and and and.

And I've not even started with listing the Cartoon shows. ^^

I'm not sure because all these shows had different names here in germany. ^^ Was this about the guy who was able to transform into different animals?

There were alot of great shows in the 80's, I remember. Cult in germany was for example "Fallguy", "Riptide", Knight Rider and A-Team of course. I also liked "Robin of Sherwood", best Robin Hood themed Series ever I would say, even when I was very young back then. This show never had a re run here AFAIK, same with Tripods, sadly.

I also loved Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy, the BBC TV show. It was cut here afaik but still pretty good, I still love the Music Theme. :D

Later there was stuff like "Misfits of Science" or how it was called in original. 21 Jump Street also was great and and and.

And I've not even started with listing the Cartoon shows. ^^
Yup he changed into a different animal every week.Was cancelled after one season.The star died a year ago or so.And yes the bbc robin of sherwood still stands the test of time.Must get the boxset.Very atmospheric,best robin hood tv show/movie made.

Thundercats was very good and he-man when i was younger.Also defenders of the earth and prince valiant were good shows too.Prince valiant had good stories but unfortunately the animation was really crap and cheapo in the later series.Lots of still images.

You really should see the new Thundercats 2011 TV Series if you don't have already, it's great! :) Of course they were not able to top the old Thundercats intro, so it was a wise decission to do only a short, static Intro.

These old Cartoons back in the 80's really had great intros and songs, I watch them from time to time on Youtube. You already mentioned Defenders of the Earth, the intro was the best on this series :D Bucky 'O Hare also had a great intro Song, Silverhawks too. Still gives me goosebumps.

^ They were also better-written, and wittier. :p

I mean, Bucky O'Hare's ship was called the Righteous Indignation, for example. Most British kids these days couldn't even read that, let alone spell it, say it, or know what on Earth it means. One reason that's been cited for the show's cancellation in spite of its popularity was that it was *too intelligent*, and that's tragic, especially when shows now can't even come close to holding up to this level of excellence.

You really should see the new Thundercats 2011 TV Series if you don't have already, it's great! :) Of course they were not able to top the old Thundercats intro, so it was a wise decission to do only a short, static Intro.

These old Cartoons back in the 80's really had great intros and songs, I watch them from time to time on Youtube. You already mentioned Defenders of the Earth, the intro was the best on this series :D Bucky 'O Hare also had a great intro Song, Silverhawks too. Still gives me goosebumps.
Yeah i heard the new thundercats has a manga style,will have to get the boxset.Geekily i still have my lion o action figure. :D Yeah the theme tunes were top class.The transformers G1 cartoon had a cool tune too.Come to think of it i have an extensive collection of original G1 transformers.I plan to collect the whole G1 range eventually.They go for some money on e-bay

^ They were also better-written, and wittier. :p

I mean, Bucky O'Hare's ship was called the Righteous Indignation, for example. Most British kids these days couldn't even read that, let alone spell it, say it, or know what on Earth it means. One reason that's been cited for the show's cancellation in spite of its popularity was that it was *too intelligent*, and that's tragic, especially when shows now can't even come close to holding up to this level of excellence.
Never heard of bucky o hare will check it out on youtube.Oh and ullyses 31 was brilliant and hasnt dated at all.Check it out.Great cartoon.

Ulysses 31 was fantastic. Some fond memories, there. I really liked the little robot (yeah, I know, big surprise, right? :p ), Nono.

And yes, definitely check out Bucky O'Hare! The original comics that the show is based on (a four-part mini-series, which unfortunately never got its follow-up) are excellent, too.

Ulysses 31 was fantastic. Some fond memories, there. I really liked the little robot (yeah, I know, big surprise, right? :p ), Nono.

And yes, definitely check out Bucky O'Hare! The original comics that the show is based on (a four-part mini-series, which unfortunately never got its follow-up) are excellent, too.
Yeah i knew youd like nono.It seems there was a bucky o hare arcade game and an nes one too.Saw it on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8OnEXXlPHo These days i collect all the marvel animated cartoons.And the new avengers animated tv show,available in region 1 only is very good.

Back