Can You Add Files To Commercial Game Cards?

Billy Lee

I have a 16MB Dungeon & Guarder SMC. Is it possible to add my own files to that card without removing the D&G game? How much space does D&G take up?

that's a good question....

D&G isn't even that good I'm getting ready to just format the damn card :p

I seem to have 880KB's free on my DG smc... I you can fit NES emulator and a few roms, i should think. :D

And the file structure is identical to any smc formatted with GP32 Manager, so it will work.

go ahead and format it, 10-20 years down the road when the GP32 is rare and could be worth more money you won't have an original commercial game anymore to increase the value of the system since the games themselves aren't exactly easy to get anymore either.

Angel posted on Dec 15 2004 at 05:01 PM said:
go ahead and format it, 10-20 years down the road when the GP32 is rare and could be worth more money you won't have an original commercial game anymore to increase the value of the system since the games themselves aren't exactly easy to get anymore either.

Sure. ;) The GP32 will be worth a lot of money... Somewhen. Yeah. ;) Because everyone will want to play awfully bad commercial games in korean or emulators on old (but original) hardware. I would not bet on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet on it... Atari 2600's with built in games are the hottest selling x-mas item this year for the adult market...

retro will always be cool and will always fetch a price eqivelant to origianal popularity and current availability...

meaning if it was very cool and now there aren't many of them... it'll sell.

Angel posted on Dec 15 2004 at 06:01 PM said:
you sound like my brother lol, are you buying them for that reason?

btw. wich commercial game you think is the best?

i only have dungeon and guarder and its not the smc version, got from joygp, and i like it, its not bad, i hated Her knights demo. and i haven't played any others.

Oh well, just copy the D&G files to your harddisk, delete them from the SMC and put everything you want there.
If you want to switch back, delete everything from the SMC again and copy all the D&G files back...

aapje89 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 07:20 PM said:
Angel posted on Dec 15 2004 at 06:01 PM said:
you sound like my brother lol, are you buying them for that reason?

btw. wich commercial game you think is the best?

Her knights. Its soooooooooo good!

Oh well, just copy the D&G files to your harddisk, delete them from the SMC and put everything you want there.
If you want to switch back, delete everything from the SMC again and copy all the D&G files back...

Exactly what I did :)

Back