Can not see toobar in both MPlayer & VLC

openthebox

When I'm playing a video, I can not see my toolbar or menu, it is always "hidden" behind my video, even when not in full screen mode.

Is my settings wrong, or that is the way it is?

Thank you for any advice.

I think it's an issue with the omapfb mode, which from my very limited knowledge using it on the beagleboard, this mode directly renders the video to the frame buffer. When it does this everything is just drawn over without the X-windows system knowing whats going on. So your menu will drop behind and things get all messy.. I'm currently in between OSs on my beagleboard I would of had the information handy there.. but I kind of remembered a setting that specified the video output was an overlay.

omapfb mode happens to be the fasted way of rendering videos, but it's a bit odd to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doh!!! I swear I searched and did not see that thread.

I had this problem since I had the player and did not ask for help hoping someone else would post it. :p

I will try it out when I get the chance.

What about VLC, how do I fix that?

Since I mainly use minimenu now, I can't find mplayer, this is one of the reason I'm using VLC.

Thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent read the other thread (and I'm propably repeating something from there), but using gnome-mplayer (which i do rarely), I just move the window a bit so that a part of the video area is outside the screen, then use the menus for whatever needed, then move the window back / go to fullscreen.

The problem is that the X video overlay support in the omapfb driver doesnt really support color keying for the video area (one of those "TODO" things it seems), so if 1. the video overlay is fully inside the display area and 2. any pixel of it would be visible, then it will be entirely visible...

Back