Can it be fixed?

Y-trewq

Still Fresh
Oh god im such a tool.. I have had my pandora for a week or so, and now i broke it. I connected it to a speaker which had the plug plugged into input. No problems there, until i saw that it had ext sp plugged in too. It transmitted 10 w to the pandora sound system, and now it smells like fried microchips.. I can get sound but only with external speakers and the volume turned to the max. Now im wondering if i can get it fixed, and how much will this cost me.

Ps. Dont laugh. At least dont laugh much, a little chuckle is ok.

Pps. I am a total newbie, and i tried to dig the forums for an answer but could not find one so i had to post this topic.

OP made me crumple-up in my seat, not laugh. So sorry to read that.  Good luck.

Incoming post from ED in 3, 2, 1

I wonder if a diode or two on the circuit board would have affected the audio quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to bother ed since he seems kind of busy with everything, and i thought someone might have had the same problem.  I guess i will contact him as soon as i get any money.

Thank you guys for the quick replies, even though you didn't know the answer.

Nice, its good to know that this community is so active. I am kind of poor, and anything out of my monthly budget is a pain. I just need to know what kind of pain I'm in for.  :blink:

Well If you just got it (Assuming new), it may still be under warranty.. I would Contact ED..

IF you can figure out what was burned out, any type of fix would most likely involved removing and soldering surface mount components on the PC board.. It can be tricky work even for those skilled at soldering.

If you smell electrical burning, My guess you will see the damage.. some charred component somewhere..

Last edited by a moderator:
first batcher bough from a forum member. and i dont think the warranty would cover this kind of damage since it was totally my own fault. well i guess i will have to open it up one day and see what has burned and decide; either to fix it or just get a 1 ghz.

If you are lucky, you might have just fried the internal speakers of the Pandora.

Can you locate if the smell comes from the top part?

Could be that the switch of the jack doesn't work anymore then.

Could be fixed by replacing it.

Back