Can I Charge Pandora In Finland Safely? (230v)

1qwerty

Still Fresh
So is it safe to charge Pandora in Finland with the official Pandora charger? Wikipedia says its 230V and 50Hz here.

And I also got a PSP & charger for it. Is PSP charger 1:1 compliant with Pandora?

Before ordering, I want to be 100.00% sure about this.

But will Pandora's charger work?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chip' said:
All modern switching power supplies can handle 110V-220V and 50-60Hz.
So it will come with an autosensing PSU? What about the plug head, I can think of at least four or five varieties in the countries that have preordered?

'Asmo' said:
'Chip' said:
So it will come with an autosensing PSU? What about the plug head, I can think of at least four or five varieties in the countries that have preordered?

I've never thought about this. Are you guys sending out different plug heads? Or do we have to get those silly swapping things. On the subject of plugs. BRITISH ONES RULE.

'Butterman' said:
'Asmo' said:
'Chip' said:

I've never thought about this. Are you guys sending out different plug heads? Or do we have to get those silly swapping things. On the subject of plugs. BRITISH ONES RULE.

http://www.yung-li.com.tw/EN/info/ww_specifications.htm

Naw, Britain is the minority; E F and G plugs rule!

'Chip' said:
From my experience it's better to check twice. In Japan quite a lot are only 110v (I've seen those power supply for usb hub, wireless router...).

But yeah otherwise, notebook, pda charger are pretty much always 110v-220v :)

Wow, in Brazil I saw A, B, D, E, J, M, N, and P. Maybe H, I don't know.

I thought they were just different voltages. I didn't see them in the wall so much as they sell all of these kinds of plugs/outlets in common Hardware stores(i.e. bar/hardware store, j/k). You're pretty much covered there.

I have to say, this is actually a good point. Even though the psu can handle voltages of 110V-220V, the plug type is still open. I would like to know if I need to buy a psp psu before my pandora arrives.

If we just got on with it and switched over to IEC 60906-1 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1) we wouldn't have this issue.

But yeah, due to the prevalence of Europlug-based plugs in Europe I'd expect the European charger to use that. Regional chargers might be feasible; if not, people will have to do with either adaptors or PSP chargers. Of course something that accomodates everyone would be best.

in brazil i have only seen a plug with 2 round pins side by side and they usually get bent really easily due the the low quality housing (compared to US plugs that are embedded in solid plastic usaually and are pretty sturdy even if the prong gets bent it can just be bent right back)

whereas if you get a round prong bent... good luck with that

'Chip' said:
That's technically correct, but I believe that they typically handle from 100V-240V. Largely because in the US, we're actually 115V and 230V at this point, IIRC.

And as for the plug type, as long as it handles those little pigtail plugs to the power converter there should be very little trouble with people finding an appropriate plug. Many of us probably already have one or more extras.

'hedwards' said:
That's technically correct, but I believe that they typically handle from 100V-240V. Largely because in the US, we're actually 115V and 230V at this point, IIRC.
What really matters is that there are two voltage "standards" in the world. The low one (110-120V) and the high one (220-240v), and the fact that switching power supplies can handle both.

The actual voltage coming out of your wall socket depends on who is supplying your power and how good a job they`re doing of it.

Back