Pandora Calibre?

Maybe someone else will be faster than me...

8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Well, I started like 6 month ago, then switched to something else... So yeah, serious (but I like that picture!).

I haven't messed with my ebook collection in a few years. Most of them are references and such, and I don't have any new ones.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, I don't know if I would need this on my Pandora (or Pyra) but I guess it could be worth it if I am trying to add stuff to the SD card for my reader, so, yeah, I wouldn't mind having it. If it would be useful to others, I say do it. Now I see the value of having an e-ink display on the back of the Pyra lid, like someone mentioned a while back (wouldn't be too good for diagrams, but it would work for text, reading news/email/forums, and other things where the screen doesn't need to be updated often, plus notifications that can be seen when it is closed).

It's mostly python.
I plan to embed in the calibre pnd a build of python, qt5, and all other supporting libs, to have a standalone pnd (as putting all libs in wxpython would make the wxpython pnd super heavy for just 1 software).

I'm progressing with Calibre.

I had to hack around dbus-python 1.2.x as it needed a newer version of DBus that the pandora has.
I finaly got the 1st screen wizard to show (it's a bit big for the screen, but not sure I'll do something about that).
I stil have many things to do to have fully working version, and even more work to PNDize it.

It seems I'll have issue with libmtp also (not sure any ebook reader will be useable without it), I have to check...
[doublepost=1459323027,1459322674][/doublepost]After changing a few preferences, choosing smaller everything, the GUI is a bit better for the small Pandora screen.
preview3.png

[doublepost=1459324927][/doublepost]Ok, I fixed my libmtp issue (my fault, messing with libs...)

Now, mounting of ebook reader need UDisks or UDisks2, that are some DBus deamon. I'm not familiar with DBus and all, and I'm not sure I can add that componant in a pnd, I guess they must be part of the system. I'll try to experiement a bit.
[doublepost=1459333054][/doublepost]I'm not sure it will work for connecting to reader.
I try to add udisks2 (heavyly hacked, because of too old PolKit version in the firmware), but I still cannot connect one of reader:
Code:
Unable to open device <calibre.devices.prs505.driver.PRS505 object at 0x4a6e5fd0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/utmp/calibre/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 195, in do_connect
    dev.open(detected_device, self.current_library_uuid)
  File "/mnt/utmp/calibre/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 844, in open
    self.open_linux()
  File "/mnt/utmp/calibre/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 587, in open_linux
    main, carda, cardb = self.find_device_nodes()
  File "/mnt/utmp/calibre/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 512, in find_device_nodes
    %self.__class__.__name__)
DeviceError: Incapable de détecter le lecteur de disque PRS505.
Doesn't sounds good :(
[doublepost=1459344006][/doublepost]I may have found a workaround for the reader connection. Not sure it's stable, needs more testing.

Attachments

• preview1.png
    preview1.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 512
  • preview2.png
    preview2.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 512
Back