Caanoo Vs Pandora The Winner Is Caanoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameKing

Still Fresh
Caanoo VS Pandora The winner is Caanoo
I think the Caanoo is the clear winner and we can expect great things from it

big call :)

i have a wiz, pandora , and will get a caanoo, so they all win so far as i am concerned.

i expect caanoos killer app will be pcsx4all with its much maligned analog stick, time will tell i spose.

cheers,simon

Sounds like you're trying to start trouble.

Pandora has dual analog nubs so might be better for that. Caanoo is cheaper and has tilt sensor and vibration. Caanoo is hitting its limit at ps1 emulation. Pandora could do some other systems like n64. Pandora has built in wifi while Caanoo requires an external adapter.

Pandora is definitely more advanced but it all depends on what you need and how much you're willing to spend. Caanoo seems to do all that I need it too and is a lot cheaper so looks like a better choice for me. I'm not sure the pandora is worth its price tag for me.

Most likely you made this thread to rile people up but...

If I had the money, I would buy a Pandora. Nothing against Caanoo exactly,just right now it seems like too little of an upgrade from the Wiz.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it just seems to me that as much as I love the Wiz, it didn't reach its full potential. I don't know why you think that the Cannoo will be so much more different. I hope I am wrong and the Cannoo is a success. At the same time, I hope that the Wiz won't get abandoned because I most likely won't be getting the Cannoo just like I didn't buy into the NDSi.

Um yeah ok.

At least the Pandora has a D-pad and speakers that face you and not your dog. Of course then there is the more powerful CPU, bigger higher res screen, etc etc..

Plus, I just want to pipe in again, there is that the Pandora seems to be made with the user in mind instead of being made with the idea to be replaced in a year.

Hesitating between the 2, but only because of the main show-stopper REAL BIGGEST drawback of the Pandora : AVAILABILITY!
If you want one reasonnably fast - say within a couple of weeks - well, there is just no way to get one! (unless you were on the\ 2 years long pre-order waiting/wish list)
So, Caanoo wins by default really. Shame!

trollface.jpg

this is what most of gameking's posts consist of.

In the interest of staying on topic, the Caanoo is better than the wiz, but not as good as the pandora.

And we all know the GP32 is the best handheld ever made, period.

DaveC said:
Um yeah ok.

At least the Pandora has a D-pad and speakers that face you and not your dog. Of course then there is the more powerful CPU, bigger higher res screen, etc etc..

...and the cheaper price, superior outer casing, emulators that fit the entire screen, shipping is very fast on it, everyone who's ordered one has received it already, made in high quality factories, etc..

anyways, the pandora has more potential but is lacking right now for many reasons. the caanoo seems to be a mix between the gp32 and the wiz. the wiz was made pretty shoddy, the caanoo looks much nicer and better buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
shipping is very fast on it, everyone who's ordered one has received it already, made in high quality factories, etc..

...wut?

Seriously this thread is fail, I was going to have a look on the weekend in my big gamepark cardboard box for a spare gp2x I could give to Red Baron (I have 3 gp2x and 3 gp32s) but now I am not going to bother.

Gameking/Red Baron is an impatient pissant, go look at his activity over at GBAtemp.
He made a lot of topics complaining about the Supercard DStwo not having features ready, then just recently made a topic "It is now a fantastic card".

He's basically a whiny brat who complains when he doesn't get what he wants.

Is it funny I just make a comment that I believe is true in my opinion and I get jumped on
How sad

Well, making a comment like that is pretty much useless, since both devices will appeal to different people.

People who are interested in a full desktop and small linux machine which can also game will never use a Caanoo for that. People who are interested in N64 emulation also won't be happy with a Caanoo.
People who are interested in a small, low-cost device where they can play most of the games up to SNES or want to play some new games (like the upcoming ones from GPH) will probably not be interested in the Pandora.

Of course production speed and build quality for the Caanoo is higher than the Pandora one at the moment - GPH already had millions to spend to take care of that.

When they started with the GP2X F100 First Edition, quality and production speed was about as fast as with the Pandora now. And they started with the GP2X in a similar way.

There is no win or lose between Pandora or Caanoo - they are different devices for different people.

Heh - the VW Golf wins over the Ferrari, as production speed of the VW Golf is way faster :D

GameKing said:
Is it funny I just make a comment that I believe is true in my opinion and I get jumped on
How sad

You've only yourself to blame for that, you seem to have worked up quite a reputation around here.
That, and you were warring Caanoo against Pandora.

Like Evildragon says, different systems for different people. I have a computer or a laptop for many of the things that the Pandora does, I can settle on getting a Caanoo for portable retro fun instead.
The fact the Wiz can actually do good playstation emulation is astounding really, with the Caanoo having an analogue nub, and a vibration motor, well even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back