Caanoo Help

paul3100

hi all

Iv put the speccy and mame emulator and roms onto the root of the the sd card in there folders

" GP2XpectrumCaanoo " " mame4all " with the dpg and all files needed to fun and put the configuration settings file on the main root which works fine when i go to explorer on the caanoo but you see every file which is ugly!

I want to be able to put my emulators in the app section of my caanoo so i put the emulator folders into the apps folder but kept the configuration settings file in the root of the sd card and added app/ before like below

[info] ....originally..............
name="Arcade"
path="/mame4all/mame.gpe"
icon="/mame4all/mame.png"
title="/mame4all/title.png"

[info] ..... changed...............
name="Arcade"
path="/apps/mame4all/mame.gpe"
icon="/apps/mame4all/mame.png"
title="apps/mame4all/title.png"

But then i cant even see the emulators on any of the caanoo system at all so please what am i doing wrong and how can i have my games and emulators where i want them?

Also whats the chances of any wiz software working on the caanoo? noticed the neogeocd emulators been added as a caanoo emulator but it seems to have the wiz file format " neocdwiz.gpu "

thanx ............... paul3100

Don't put any games in the apps folder, it won't be compatible.
You need to include things like this.

SD/game/mame4all.ini
SD/game/mame4all/mame.gpe

The ini files are put in the game folder, the application folders are put in the game folder.
The ini files are not kept in the application folders, and application contents are not kept in the game folder.

Back