Caanoo - Any Chance They Will Release A Spare Battery?

euroweb

Still Fresh
I love my Caanoo so far (just got it a few days ago).
The only thing I was wondering is whether they will release a spare battery?

I never understood why all these electronics manufacturers switched to PROPRIETARY batteries.
In the case of Caanoo couldn't they just use 4 AAA batteries e.g.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I wish they would offer spare batteries...
This way if / when they discontinue them, retro gamers who love their unit can keep playing.

Yeah, I'm a fan of stuff using standard batteries too. I miss my GP32, but then I'm a sentimental old bastard.

Link for the uninitiated

I'm not sure what battery the Caanoo uses - I know the Dingoo uses a semi-generic type that's readily available, maybe there's something compatible out there that would work.

fishybawb said:
Yeah, I'm a fan of stuff using standard batteries too. I miss my GP32, but then I'm a sentimental old bastard.

Link for the uninitiated

I'm not sure what battery the Caanoo uses - I know the Dingoo uses a semi-generic type that's readily available, maybe there's something compatible out there that would work.

Thanks.
That would be nice (if the Caanoo indeed uses a semi-generic type of battery)!
I wonder if anyone has opened one up to see... :)
Mine is brand new, so I am not in a big rush to find out (i.e. I am not planning to open mine up), but I am curious...

Last edited by a moderator:
How long do we think ( estimate ) the life-span of the battery for the caanoo is anyway? after a couple years ( well, depending on how much you use it and charge it back up ) will it be completely un-playable ?> :(

Back