C.e. Test Booked For 14 Oct 2009

I guess this also means that the first ones will be special limited editions without the FCC stamp. They'll be like the Inverted Jenny or the Wicked Bible.

aliking said:
I guess this also means that the first ones will be special limited editions without the FCC stamp. They'll be like the Inverted Jenny or the Wicked Bible.
luckily your guessing, we should wait to hear from craig first ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wander if we'll might be able to see something from this pre-CE testing.... It would be so very inspiring to our whole community to see something very close to the final product working...

Think it is possible to record a quick video of the testing? I guess everyone would be really pleased.... ><

Near-kun said:
Think it is possible to record a quick video of the testing? I guess everyone would be really pleased.... ><
It would probably be fairly boring...But hey, maybe a few pics will wind up on Engadget like they always do. :rolleyes:

Its a 6 hour time difference for me. So Noon EST will be 6PM in Germany. I assume that will be the latest time ED will leave there. Take a drive home. Have a drink or two. Sit at his computer and start typing.

So I am thinking 2:32 PM EST, is when we will hear the news. (Latest)

Phawx said:
So I am thinking 2:32 PM EST, is when we will hear the news. (Latest)

we really have nothing to talk about, do we?

hopefully, the test will go fine............

ph34r.gif

The fact that the design is based around the OMAP3 SoC which has been battle tested years before the announcement. While the technology is new the techniques employed to develop the hardware isn't all of which has has been on top of FCC's certification standards. My point is there actually is some room for comfort, since it's really testing a design built around an experienced and iterated architecture any red flags that come up can be solved with out a huge delay if worst comes to worst.

Tensuke said:
Near-kun said:
It would probably be fairly boring...But hey, maybe a few pics will wind up on Engadget like they always do. :rolleyes:

I guess it's possible but, as with the case and the circuit board manufacture, this is all going to be happening in someone else' business - so I wouldn't be TOO surprised if they were camera shy.

I'm not sure if it's enthusiasm or impatience that is leaking into this thread, but I wish ED the best and the minimum stress. At this stage the pre-CE testing should be almost a formality (what could be that wrong with the board?). It's still worth doing, but I'd hate to try and put a poercentage on how much this test is to check the hardware and how much of it is to appease the baying crowd (us! LOL). Still, peace of mind is worth an awful lot in these uncertain times :)

http://www.pandoratoday.de/allgemein/die-spannung-steigt/

CE test @ 16h00 (local time)
Those crazy German even put a countdown :)

Back