Release C/C++ Development Tools

Just gave this a go again. Before I say anything else I'd just like to say thanks for the effort you've put into this!

After running the latest version from the repo, I type 'gcc' and get the following:

Code:
/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/bin../lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../crt1.o: In function `_start':

init.c:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `main'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Did you say that this pnd has to be on an ext2/3/4 SD card? Or only the actual code being compiled with it?

Could this be anything to do with me having the pnd_run_sh update (or whatever it's called) installed? :S

Just gave this a go again. Before I say anything else I'd just like to say thanks for the effort you've put into this!

After running the latest version from the repo, I type 'gcc' and get the following:

Code:
/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/bin../lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../crt1.o: In function `_start':

init.c:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `main'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Did you say that this pnd has to be on an ext2/3/4 SD card? Or only the actual code being compiled with it?

Could this be anything to do with me having the pnd_run_sh update (or whatever it's called) installed? :S

Interesting thing though is that I can actually compile hello world... seems like it's trying to build something. I expected it to say "no input files" or similar.

Edit: Don't know what is happening. If I run arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc directly I get the normal "no input files" behaviour. gcc seems to be linked to a script in "init"... I presume this is some magic you've used to get everything to play nice?

Anyway, things seem to work. Will try building something more interesting later on...

Edit2: Just looked at the script... I see what's happening here. Ignore me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry - that's happened for me aswell. For anyone else wondering: init/gcc and init/g++ have a "-Xlinker -rpath /mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/lib" argument that I put in because the linker couldn't always find libraries that are in the pnd, but not on the native filesystem (stuff like PortAudio and libv1/libv2).

This breaks other things though (evidenced by typing 'gcc' with no input files), so I'm doing it in version 38 via a specs file. Not uploaded that one yet though, so if you need to fix version 37 you can do this:

1) Find the pandora/appdata/cdevtools/init directory. Create a file called 'cdevspecsfile' and paste the following into it:

Code:
%rename cc1		original_cc1

*cc1:

%(original_ccl) -I/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/include

%rename cc1plus		original_cc1plus

*cc1plus:

%(original_cclplus) -I/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/include

%rename link		original_link

*link:

%(original_link) -rpath /mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/lib

2) open up the 'gcc' file (also in the init directory) and replace the contents with

Code:
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -specs ../../init/cdevspecsfile "$@"

3) open up the 'g++' file (also in the init directory) and replace the contents with

Code:
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ -specs ../../init/cdevspecsfile "$@"

Hi,

is there any way to call a command in cdevtools from an external program? Like adding command line arguments or sth. like echo "g++ main.cpp" > /dev/pts/0

Personally I want to use it together with geany, but other users might be interested too :)

Hi,

is there any way to call a command in cdevtools from an external program? Like adding command line arguments or sth. like echo "g++ main.cpp" > /dev/pts/0

Personally I want to use it together with geany, but other users might be interested too :)
I use Geany 2.0 and it works nicely with freamon’s C/C++ Development Tools 0.0.39 (cdevtools.pnd) see :

Package gconf-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Hi freamon,

I am trying to compile sdlmame using C/C++ Development Tools 0.0.39 and I get this error:

Package gconf-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gconf-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'gconf-2.0' found

How can this be fixed?

EDIT: I suppose the question should be could you add gconf-2.0 please?

Thanks!

Hi dgame - sorry for delay in responding - I haven't been on these boards for a while. To add gconf2 (and also ORBit which it depends on), download http://www.mediafire.com/?dphfaa1g76xszo8 and move it to pandora/appdata/cdevtools. Then do "sudo tar xvf extralibs.tar". This will make the dev libraries available to the pnd.

Do you plan on integrating this with any of the IDEs that are now available?

That's a good idea - geany would probably be a suitable candidate as it's only 4mb (the only other one I can think of is code:blocks but that's about 80 mb).

Can we have the option to pick one or the other through different PNDs? I wouldn't mind an 80+ MB PND, I have a few which are well over that.

Yeah but I'm on mobile broadband which is both slow and expensive so I'm reluctant to update a 100mb pnd.

I know code:blocks works if you start cdevtools, minimize it, then start code:blocks, and I've read that PokeParadox has used them to like this to test compiling his Penjin engine games on the pandora. So I think the only advantage of combining the two into one pnd is that it would be slightly more convenient.

That said, if you (or anyone else) wants a create a pnd that integrates the two (I can see the attraction of an all-in-one compilation environment), then feel free!

The only problem with the current Code::Blocks pnd that's kicking about is that it's a little unreliable a saving config files... I haven't tested, but it's likely it only saves it's config on first run... so this is when you should setup the Pandora compiler.

It does save the configs, however so once you get the compiler setup saved, it is saved into appdata on your SD and you can just open up cdevtools and then C::B afterwards and you're good.

Someone had a tutorial up for running Geany with this PND, where is it?

EDIT: And Geany itself is small, so you could do that yourself, too.

Someone had a tutorial up for running Geany with this PND, where is it?

EDIT: And Geany itself is small, so you could do that yourself, too.
Hi Proto,

here it is, dgame posted it some posts above yours ;)

I grabbed the .pnd but i don't know how to use it.

Nothing is shown in menus, and pnd_run'ning it does nothing :/

I grabbed the .pnd but i don't know how to use it.

Nothing is shown in menus, and pnd_run'ning it does nothing :/
Hi. This pnd is the same as other pnds - if it's not showing in the menu then maybe you have a corrupted download?

Hi,

First, nice work! :)

Is it possible to get the opengl module for Qt?

I'm writing a game which uses QGLWidget which needs qtopengl module.

Would be nice if the pandora is the first platform where i can release it when its done.

Regards, Andi

Hi,

First, nice work! :)

Is it possible to get the opengl module for Qt?

I'm writing a game which uses QGLWidget which needs qtopengl module.

Would be nice if the pandora is the first platform where i can release it when its done.

Regards, Andi
I'm building a shiny new version of this pnd, so I'll look into the qtopengl module. I'm sure it exists, 'cause it was in the minitube pnd at one point. My new pnd can update itself from the angstrom repo, so if I don't include it, it should be easy to add it.

Back